- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: May 2017
- Print publication year: 2017
- Online ISBN: 9781316084366
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781316084366
Following an explosion of research on Bose–Einstein condensation (BEC) ignited by demonstration of the effect by 2001 Nobel prize winners Cornell, Wieman and Ketterle, this book surveys the field of BEC studies. Written by experts in the field, it focuses on Bose–Einstein condensation as a universal phenomenon, covering topics such as cold atoms, magnetic and optical condensates in solids, liquid helium and field theory. Summarising general theoretical concepts and the research to date - including novel experimental realisations in previously inaccessible systems and their theoretical interpretation - it is an excellent resource for researchers and students in theoretical and experimental physics who wish to learn of the general themes of BEC in different subfields.
Steven M. Girvin - Eugene Higgins Professor of Physics, Yale University
Henk Stoof - Universiteit Utrecht, the Netherlands
Sir Keith Burnett CBE FRS FLSW - Vice-Chancellor of the University of Sheffield
Virginia Greco Source: CERN Courier
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed