This inscription was found over the door of wadi el-Bir near Shemech (Wadi Soffegin) and is now in Lepcis Museum. It consists of three lines and it reads:
The inscription has been treated previously by Goodchild (1950, 137), Sznycer (1965, 100–101), Vattioni (1966, 45–46; 1976, 550–555), Levi della Vida (1967, 263), Krahmalkov (1973, 61–64), Polselli (1976, 237–238) and Elmayer (1983, 90–91).
A suggested translation is as follows:
‘Flavius Dasama and his son Macrinus, the chief (or: commander) of the district, have made (this) centenarium to guard and protect the whole zone’.