Absorption, translocation, and metabolism of AC 263,222 by leafy spurge were studied over 8 d. Based on the amount of herbicide applied and recovered from the leaf surfaces, 40% of applied AC 263,222 was absorbed by leafy spurge 2 d after treatment (DAT), with no further absorption observed by 8 DAT. Eight DAT, 19% of applied [14C]-AC 263,222 had translocated to below-ground plant parts while 4% was exuded from the roots into the sand media. AC 263,222 was not metabolized 2 DAT in the crown, root, and root buds, but 42% was metabolized in the treated leaves. Only 17% of recovered [14C] was AC 263,222 in treated leaves 8 DAT (83% metabolized), while AC 263,222 accounted for 70% of recovered [14C] in the root and root buds. HPLC analysis indicated that the balance of [14C] was associated with a single, polar metabolite. Total recovery of [14C] was 88% at 8 DAT.