- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0017-3835 (Print), 1477-4550 (Online)
- Editors: Professor Ivana Petrovic University of Virginia, USA, Professor Andrej Petrovic University of Virginia, USA, Dr John Taylor University of Manchester, UK, and Dr Phillip Horky University of Durham, UK
- Editorial board
Greece & Rome is a journal which delivers scholarly research to a wider audience. It showcases original and informative articles on ancient history, literature, art, archaeology, religion, philosophy, and reception of the ancient world. Although its content reflects current research and its contributors include leading figures in the field, undergraduates and general readers who wish to be kept informed of current thinking will also find it engaging and accessible, as well as professional scholars in Classics and in other disciplines. With the wider audience in mind all Greek and Latin quotations are translated.
A subscription to Greece & Rome includes an annual supplement of New Surveys in the Classics.
Submit your paper to Greece and Rome
Note: The word limit for submissions to Greece & Rome has increased to 10,000 words. If you have engaging and accessible scholarly research that you want to reach a wider audience, including undergraduates and general readers who wish to be kept informed of current thinking, please consider submitting to the journal. Click here for the instructions for contributors, and please contact the editors if you have any queries.
- 01 July 2022,
- When only four words of a poet’s entire output in a specific genre survive to the present day, is there really anything of substance that we can say about this...
- 15 June 2022,
- Portable braziers, frequently made of clay utensils and appearing in different shapes (Fig. 1:a), are associated with the process of cooking. They were popular...
- 08 June 2022,
- Valerius Flaccus’ Argonautica breaks off at a crucial and tantalising moment on the island of Peuce at the mouth of the Hister (Danube). With Medea’s assistance,...