1. , , , et al. Neuropathic pain: redefinition and a grading system for clinical and research purposes. Neurology 2008;70:1630–5.
2. , . Assessment and diagnosis of neuropathic pain. Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 2008;2:1–8.
3. , . Unmet needs in the management of neuropathic pain. J Pain Symptom Manage 2003;25:S12–17.
4. , , , . Can pain be more or less neuropathic? Comparison of symptom assessment tools with ratings of certainty by clinicians. Pain 2006;122:289–94.
5. , , , , . Algorithm for neuropathic pain treatment: an evidence based proposal. Pain 2005;118:289–305.
6. , , , et al. Quantitative sensory testing: a comprehensive protocol for clinical trials. Eur J Pain 2006;10:77–88.
7. , , , , . Assessment of the clinical relevance of quantitative sensory testing with Von Frey monofilaments in patients with allodynia and neuropathic pain. A pilot study. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2007;24:658–63.
8. , , . Quantitative sensory testing cannot differentiate simulated sensory loss from sensory neuropathy. Neurology 2003,60:465–70.
9. , , , et al. Quantitative sensory testing in the German Research Network on Neuropathic Pain (DFNS): standardized protocol and reference values. Pain 2006;123:231–43.
10. , , , et al. Quantitative sensory testing: Report of the Therapeutics and Technology Assessment Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology 2003;60:898–904.
11. , , . Usefulness and limitations of quantitative sensory testing: clinical and research application in neuropathic pain states. Pain 2007;129:256–9.
12. , , Thermal and tactile perception thresholds in acute herpes zoster. Eur J Pain 1999;3:375–86.
13. , Can quantitative sensory testing predict the outcome of epidural steroid injections in sciatica? A preliminary study. Anesth Analg 2003;97:828–32.
14. , , , , Skin biopsy and quantitative sensory testing do not predict response to lidocaine patch in painful neuropathies. Muscle Nerve 2006;33:42–8.
15. , , , et al. EFNS guidelines on neuropathic pain assessment. Eur J Neurol 2010;17:1010–18.
16. The diagnostic workup of patients with neuropathic pain. Anesthesiol Clin 2007;25:699–708.
17. , , , et al. Recommendations for the clinical use of somatosensory-evoked potentials. Clin Neurophysiol 2008;119:1705–19.
18. , . Microneurography in the assessment of neuropathic pain. Handb Clin Neurol 2006;81:427–38.
19. , , , et al. AAN-EFNS guidelines on trigeminal neuralgia management. Eur J Neurol 2008;15:1013–28.
20. , , Clinical usefulness of laser-evoked potentials. Neurophysiol Clin 2003;33:303–14.
21. , , , et al. EFNS guidelines on the use of skin biopsy in the diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy. Eur J Neurol 2005;12:747–58.
22. , , The relationship among pain, sensory loss, and small nerve fibres in diabetes. Diabetes Care 2006;29:883–7.
23. , , , et al. Evaluation of distal symmetric polyneuropathy: the role of autonomic testing, nerve biopsy, and skin biopsy (an evidence-based review). Muscle Nerve 2009;39:106–15.
24. , , , et al. Diagnostic validity of epidermal nerve fiber densities in painful sensory neuropathies. Muscle Nerve 2008;37:50–60.
25. , Skin biopsy in the management of peripheral neuropathy. Lancet Neurol 2007;6:632–42.
26. , , , et al. Painful sensory neuropathy: prospective evaluation using skin biopsy. Neurol 1999;53:1641–7.
27. , , , et al. Capsaicin evoked pain and allodynia in post-herpetic neuralgia. Pain 2000;88:125–33.
28. , . Skin biopsy as a diagnostic tool in peripheral neuropathy. Nat Clin Pract Neurol 2007;3:546–57.
29. , , , et al. MRI of peripheral nerve degeneration and regeneration: correlation with electrophysiology and histology. Exp Neurol 2004;188:171–7.
30. , , Functional imaging of pain. A review and meta-analysis. Neurophysiol Clin 2000;30:263–88.
31. , , , et al. An fMRI study of cortical representation of mechanical allodynia in patients with neuropathic pain. Neurology 2004;63:1838–46.
32. , , , et al. An fMRI study of cerebral processing of brush-evoked allodynia in neuropathic pain patients. Neuroimage 2006;32:256–65.
33. , , , . Cerebral decreases in opioid receptor binding in patients with central neuropathic pain measured by [11C] diprenorphine binding and PET. Eur J Pain 2004;8:479–85.
34. , . Quantitation of autonomic impairment. In , , eds. Peripheral Neuropathy. 4th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2005, pp. 1103–33.
35. , . Quantitative studies of autonomic dysfunction. Muscle Nerve 2006;34:6–20.
36. , , , et al. Autonomic impairment in painful neuropathy. Neurology 2001;56:861–8.
37. , , , et al. Detection of small-fiber neuropathy by sudomotor testing. Muscle Nerve 2006;34:57–61.
38. , , , et al. Differential impairment of the sudomotor and nociceptor axon-reflex in diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Muscle Nerve 2006;33:494–9.
39. , , , , Quantitative sudomotor axon reflex test in normal and neuropathic subjects. Ann Neurol 1983;14:573–80.
40. Thermoregulatory sweat test. In , Ed. Clinical Autonomic Disorders. 2nd edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott-Raven; 1997, pp. 245–57.