- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0025-7273 (Print), 2048-8343 (Online)
- Editors: Professor Sanjoy Bhattacharya University of York, UK, Dr Arnab Chakraborty University of York, UK, Dr Aude Fauvel Institut des humanités en médecine, Switzerland, and Professor Kayo Yasuda Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
- Editorial board
Global Health Histories
Global Health Histories aims to publish outstanding and innovative scholarship on the history of public health, medicine and science worldwide. By studying the many ways in which the impact of ideas of health and well-being on society were measured and described in different global, international, regional, national and local contexts, books in the series will reconceptualise the nature of empire, the nation state, extra-state actors and different forms of globalization. The series will showcase new approaches to writing about the connected histories of health and medicine, humanitarianism, and global economic and social development.
General Editor: Sanjoy Bhattacharya, University of York
- 29 March 2021,
- People facing plague and quarantine in early modern Europe also turned to astrologers. But rather than being chastised for supporting a ‘pseudoscience’, these...
- 24 March 2021,
- ...the observatory staff, the largest portion of whom were adolescent boys hired to do computational work, had to be managed too. Airy worked hard to deskill...
- 23 March 2021,
- Almost a century before Watson and Crick, Miescher had been working in the freezing cold former kitchen of Tübingen Castle that had now been converted into...