- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0022-3360 (Print), 1937-2337 (Online)
- Editors: Ellen Currano University of Wyoming, USA, Jonathan Calede The Ohio State University, USA, Olev Vinn University of Tartu, Estonia, and Samuel Zamora Geological Survey of Spain, (IGME-CSIC)|Spain
- Editorial board
The Journal of Paleontology publishes original articles and notes on the systematics, phylogeny, paleoecology, paleogeography, and evolution of fossil organisms. It emphasizes specimen-based research and features high quality illustrations. All taxonomic groups are treated, including invertebrates, microfossils, plants, vertebrates, and ichnofossils.
Dead Man’s Fingers in Silurian Seas
- 07 September 2021,
- The digit-like branches of Codium, or Dead Man’s Fingers, are a common sight in modern day salt-water bays and lagoons, particularly in areas impacted by fertilizer-rich...
Rare, Giant Hooded Tick-Spider Found in Illinois
- 15 March 2021,
- Ricinuleids are cryptic, slow-moving arachnids that live under bark, in leaf litter, and in caves in tropical and subtropical areas of the world: Central and...
Fossil shark teeth discovered in leftover rock that contained SUE the T.rex
- 09 Feb 2019,
- Freshwater shark lived in South Dakota, had teeth shaped like “Galaga” spaceships.