1. Bigrigg, A, Read, M. Management of women referred to an early pregnancy assessment unit: care and cost effectiveness. BMJ 1991;302(6776):577–79.
2. Farquharson, RG, Jauniaux, E, Exalto, N; ESHRE Special Interest Group for Early Pregnancy (SIGEP). Updated and revised nomenclature for description of early pregnancy events: consensus statement. Hum Reprod 2005;20:3008–11.
3. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. The management of early pregnancy loss. Green-top Guideline No. 25 2006. London: RCOG.
4. NICE Clinical Guideline. CG 154 Ectopic Pregnancy and Miscarriage: diagnosis and initial management in early pregnancy of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. Manchester: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; 2012.
5. van Oppenraaij, RH, Jauniaux, E, Christiansen, OB, Horcajadas, JA, Farquharson, RG, Exalto, N; ESHRE Special Interest Group for Early Pregnancy (SIGEP). Predicting adverse obstetric outcome after early pregnancy events and complications: a review. Hum Reprod Update 2009; 15(4):409–21.
6. Wren, J, Craven, B. A cost effectiveness study of changing medical practice in early pregnancy. J Manag Med 1997;11:372–81.
7. Wren, J, Craven, B. A cost effectiveness study of changing medical practice in early pregnancy. Clin Perform Qual Health Care 1999;7:172–77.
8. Condous, G. Ectopic pregnancy – risk factors and diagnosis. Aust Fam Pysician 2006;35:854–57.