- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0040-5574 (Print), 1475-4533 (Online)
- Editors: La Donna L. Forsgren University of Notre Dame, USA, and Telory Arendell Missouri State University, USA
- Editorial board
Theatre Survey marks ASTR 2022 with a new collection of articles
We are spotlighting recently published research in the journal, alongside most-downloaded articles from recent issues.
Access to the research is free (where not already OA) until the end of December 2022.
- Theatre Survey, Volume 64, Issue 1
A statement from the editorial team
"Theatre Survey stands in solidarity with those protesting the ongoing violence and racism enacted against Black people in the United States, Canada, and elsewhere in the world. As an editorial team, we strive to enact antiracist principles in our stewardship of the journal by, among other things, increasing our efforts to spotlight Black lives, voices, and perspectives. In response to the wider call to share resources, Theatre Survey is 'ungating' several recent articles by Black scholars on Black theatre and performance history. You can access these on the right. The editorial team has important work ahead and we are committed to doing this work. Black Lives Matter."
Brandi Wilkins Catanese (Editor), La Donna L. Forsgren (Associate Editor), Donovan Sherman (Book Review Editor)
What Is at Stake?
- 12 March 2023,
- A colleague asked me this question last week. I wonder… What is a new way to state what’s at stake? That our future will be more and more challenging?…...
The Co-presence of Absence and Presence
- 01 December 2022,
- “Your authors are a microcosm of the state of the world,” Mariellen Sandford wrote me, when I told her of the challenges we faced completing our issue.…...
Different ways of seeing: what makes Theatre Research International ‘international’
- 31 October 2022,
- IFTR 2022 in Reykjavik, Iceland gave us the opportunity to meet with Senior Editor of Theatre Research International (TRI) Silvija Jestrovic.…
Tweets by CUP_LitPerform