- Access: Subscribed, Past subscription, Archive
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0025-7273 (Print), 2048-8343 (Online)
- Editors: Professor Sanjoy Bhattacharya University of York, UK , Dr Alex Medcalf University of York, UK , Dr Tara Alberts University of York, UK , Dr Aude Fauvel Institut des humanités en médecine, Switzerland and Professor Kayo Yasuda Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
- Editorial board
Medical History is a refereed journal devoted to all aspects of the history of medicine, health and related sciences, with the goal of broadening and deepening the understanding of the field, in the widest sense, by historical studies of the highest quality. It is associated with the European Association for the History of Medicine and Health, the Asian Society for the History of Medicine, and the World Health Organization's Global Health Histories initiative. The membership of the Editorial Board reflects the commitment to the finest international standards in refereeing of submitted papers and the reviewing of books. The journal publishes in English, but welcomes submissions from scholars for whom English is not the first language; language and copy-editing assistance will be provided wherever possible.
- 19 August 2019,
- Our article investigates the provenance and significance of the manuscript, showing how its content reveals that Locke is commenting on a book by Sir Charles...
- 29 July 2019,
- In our article, we argue that a major fault line in early-modern Britain was the propriety of engaging in abstract speculation on the political order, and that...
- 17 July 2019,
- This special issue offers a series of essays focused on variously pivotal Malthusian ‘moments’, showing the extent to which Malthus remains a living presence...