- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0024-2829 (Print), 1096-1135 (Online)
- Editors: Dr Christopher J. Ellis Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, UK, and Dr Leena Myllys Finnish Museum of National History, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Editorial board
The Lichenologist is the premier scientific journal devoted exclusively to the study of lichens worldwide. As the leading forum for the dissemination of new concepts and topical reviews, The Lichenologist reaches more scientists concerned with the study of lichens and lichen symbionts than any other single journal. Papers are accepted in all areas of lichen biology including taxonomy and systematics, phylogenetics, biogeography, community and population ecology, lichen physiology and anatomy. Published papers can be in the form of a Monograph, Review or Perspective piece, a Standard Paper for research, or a Short Communication. Book reviews can be solicited (see below). As well as its standard issues, The Lichenologist publishes special issues in complex, impactful and/or emerging areas of research, and anyone wishing to be guest editor(s) of a special issue is invited to contact the Senior Editors to discuss their ideas. For more information on the scope of the journal, in addition to the benefits of publishing in The Lichenologist, please see the instructions for authors here.
Coniocarps. Rain Shadow Specialists [Coniocarpen. Regenschaduw Specialisten] By Klaas van Dort and Bart Horvers. 2021. Published by KNNV-Afdeling Tilburg, Tilburg. Pp 192, numerous photographs. 175 × 235 × 17 mm, 605 g. ISBN 978-90-826157-4-6. Hardback. [In English and Dutch] Available from https://tilburg.knnv.nl/boek-coniocarpen/ (price: €25 + postage).
- The Lichenologist, Volume 55, Issue 2
Q&A with Guest Editor Paul Kirika on African Lichenology
- 09 December 2022,
- I got into lichenology through a colleague, Dr George Mugambi, then working at the National Museums of Kenya, who was at the time undertaking research for his...
Lichenology – Past, Present and Future
- 12 March 2021,
- In this post we talk to Prof. Robert Lücking, an Editor for The Lichenologist, who reflects not only on his recent review of lichenology over the past two decades,...
Scratching the Iceberg – Undiscovered Lichen Diversity at Glacier Bay National Park
- 11 May 2020,
- In this post we talk to Dr Alan M. Fryday and Dr Toby Spribille, Editors for The Lichenologist, about their Glacier Bay Special Issue which is available Open...