- Access: Full
- Open access
- ISSN: 2048-6790 (Print), 2048-6790 (Online)
- Editor: Professor P Trayhurn University of Liverpool, UK & University of Buckingham, UK
- Editorial board
Journal of Nutritional Science is an international, peer-reviewed, online only, open access journal that welcomes high-quality research articles in all aspects of nutrition. The underlying aim of all work should be, as far as possible, to develop nutritional concepts. JNS encompasses the full spectrum of nutritional science including public health nutrition, epidemiology, dietary surveys, nutritional requirements, metabolic studies, body composition, energetics, appetite, obesity, ageing, endocrinology, immunology, neuroscience, microbiology, genetics, molecular and cellular biology and nutrigenomics. JNS welcomes Primary Research Papers, Brief Reports, Review Articles, Systematic Reviews, Workshop Reports, Letters to the Editor and Obituaries.
- Estimating children’s food portion sizes: does it make a difference whether the evaluator is a parent or an early educator?
- 26 March 2019,
- The Nutrition Society Paper of the Month for March is from the Journal of Nutritional Science and is entitled ‘Accuracy in the estimation of children's food...
- Understanding caregivers’ struggle with infant formula choices
- 05 April 2019,
- Public Health Nutrition Editorial Highlight ‘Informed choice or guessing game? Understanding caregivers’ perceptions and use of infant formula labelling’
- Intakes of Different Types of Protein Foods from 1999 to 2010
- 02 April 2019,
- Public Health Nutrition Editorial Highlight ‘Trends in types of protein in US adults: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999–2010’...
- Do global guidelines for calcium supplementation to prevent preeclampsia put women at risk of excessive intake: evidence from Ethiopia suggests this could be the case
- 02 April 2019,
- Public Health Nutrition Editorial Highlight ‘Applying international guidelines for calcium supplementation to prevent pre-eclampsia: simulation of recommended...