- ISSN: 0075-4269 (Print), 2041-4099 (Online)
- Editor: Professor Douglas Cairns University of Edinburgh, UK
- Editorial board
The Journal of Hellenic Studies (JHS) is recognised internationally as one of the foremost periodicals in the field of classical scholarship. It contains articles on a wide variety of Hellenic topics including Greek language, literature, history and art and archaeology in the Ancient, Byzantine and Modern periods, as well as reviews of recent books of importance to Greek studies.
A subscription to The Journal of Hellenic Studies includes the annual volume of Archaeological Reports, which provide fully illustrated accounts of archaeological work in Greece and other parts of the world that are sites of Greek culture.
- 02 July 2020,
- “The Türkmen-Karahöyük Intensive Survey Project (TISP), led by James Osborne (University of Chicago), was begun in 2019 and determined that the site might not One of the paradoxes of archaeology is that, although understanding of the past is usually achieved only after years of painstaking work, once in a blue moon something may be found that instantly changes one’s theories or suddenly leads to completely new research avenues.…...
- 25 June 2020,
- Higher Education from Cambridge University Press is our new online textbook website. The beta version of the site is scheduled to launch on 30th June, 2020.…...
- 03 June 2020,
- Pity me, pitiable in many ways, I who am crying out, weeping like a girl, and no one can say he saw this man do such a thing before, but though racked with...