- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0075-4269 (Print), 2041-4099 (Online)
- Editor: Professor Lin Foxhall University of Liverpool, UK
- Editorial board
The Journal of Hellenic Studies (JHS) is recognised internationally as one of the foremost periodicals in the field of classical scholarship. It contains articles on a wide variety of Hellenic topics including Greek language, literature, history and art and archaeology in the Ancient, Byzantine and Modern periods, as well as reviews of recent books of importance to Greek studies.
A subscription to The Journal of Hellenic Studies includes the annual volume of Archaeological Reports, which provide fully illustrated accounts of archaeological work in Greece and other parts of the world that are sites of Greek culture.
- 11 January 2022,
- Lexica are the workhorses of Classical Studies. They’re the tomes that come most easily to mind when we joke that we spend our days ‘looking things up’. And...
- 22 November 2021,
- The Journal of Roman Studies has now lasted sixteen years longer than the Julio-Claudian dynasty, and is showing no particular signs of incipient senectitude.…...
- 20 October 2021,
- What’s a sign? What’s in a sign? In the paper ‘Imagining Cretan scripts: the influence of visual motifs on the creation of script-signs in Bronze Age Crete’,...