- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 1598-2408 (Print), 2234-6643 (Online)
- Editor: Thomas Pepinsky Cornell University, USA
- Editorial board
The Journal of East Asian Studies is devoted to publishing cutting edge social science on East and Southeast Asia. The journal is interested in work that combines theory, novel empirical contributions, and substantive engagement with the major issues facing the region. The JEAS publishes primarily in the fields of comparative politics and international relations, encompassing as well the fields of political economy and security studies. We also welcome interdisciplinary work and contributions from sociology, applied economics, business studies, and area studies as well. The journal is also open to roundtables on important new books on the region, review essays and shorter research notes. SSCI indexed, the journal prides itself on a strong peer-review process.
Video: A New Penal Populism? Rodrigo Duterte, Public Opinion, and the War on Drugs in the Philippines
Cambridge to publish a new flagship journal in the fast-growing field of Pakistan studies
- 25 July 2022,
- Critical Pakistan Studies will be the first international journal devoted to the study of Pakistan and its peopleJournal will be interdisciplinary and open Cambridge University Press is to publish the world’s first international journal devoted to the study of Pakistan and its people.…...
The Russia-Ukraine war and the European Response: Transformative change or more of the same?
- 27 May 2022,
- The European Union (EU) has been hit by a series of crises in the past two decades testing its sense of solidarity and institutional design, namely the 2008...
That “Olde” Story: Faith and Reason
- 31 May 2023,
- Blog #2 in the, Psychology and its Antecedents, series In the previous blog about the emergence of psychology at the expense of the traditional intellectual The post That “Olde” Story: Faith and Reason first appeared on FifteenEightyFour | Cambridge University Press....
When War Knocks on the Door: What Do Civilians Do?
- 31 May 2023,
- WW2 Comparative History from BelowWritten by Claire Andrieu Unlike the objects of its title, the subject of this book did not fall from the sky. I did not set The post When War Knocks on the Door: What Do Civilians Do? first appeared on FifteenEightyFour | Cambridge University Press....
Video: Explaining Elections in Singapore: Dominant Party Resilience and Valence Politics
Twitter - Politics