- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0266-4666 (Print), 1469-4360 (Online)
- Editor: Peter C. B. Phillips Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, USA
- Editorial board
Since its inception, Econometric Theory has aimed to endow econometrics with an innovative journal dedicated to advance theoretical research in econometrics. It provides a centralized professional outlet for original theoretical contributions in all of the major areas of econometrics, and all fields of research in econometric theory fall within the scope of ET. In addition, ET fosters the multidisciplinary features of econometrics that extend beyond economics. Particularly welcome are articles that promote original econometric research in relation to mathematical finance, stochastic processes, statistics, and probability theory, as well as computationally intensive areas of economics such as modern industrial organization and dynamic macroeconomics. Contributions that exposit methodological and technical advances in these fields and that illustrate their potential in econometric research are actively encouraged. Articles that unify earlier econometric work either in productive ways or by the use of more elegant methods lie within the scope of the Journal. In recognition of the interface between theory and practice in modern econometric research, ET encourages submissions that promote best practice econometrics by demonstrating new theory in conjunction with the practical implementation of theory. As well as articles that embody original theoretical research, ET publishes historical studies on the evolution of econometric thought and interviews with the subject’s leading scholars.
- 08 December 2023,
- Cambridge University Press is pleased to announce that it will publish Finance and Society from January 2024, in partnership with the Finance and Society Network....
- 04 February 2022,
- The Holy Grail of corporate finance is a theory that explains the capital structure behavior of real-world firms. It’s been 63 years since Modigliani and Miller’s...
- 08 January 2022,
- Firstly, for anyone new to the journal can you briefly explain the journal’s mission and scope? The Journal of the History of Economic Thought (JHET) is the journal of the History of Economics Society and it promotes interest in and inquiry into the history of economics and related parts of intellectual history, facilitate communication and discourse among scholars and disseminate knowledge about the history of economics.…...