Skip to main content
- 18 June 2020,
- My article discusses how this approach of ‘conservation by slaughter’ – as one high-profile ecologist called it – managed to gain traction.
- 17 June 2020,
- In the eighteenth century, the potato was viewed by many European countries as an exotic vegetable, introduced with numerous purposes: as animal feed, as a...
- 17 April 2020,
- This article reviews the differing approaches to scientific publishing of Joseph Banks and Georg Forster, following James Cook’s 1775 2nd voyage of exploration....
- 24 June 2020,
- ‘My illness has a name: convoys’ was the gloomy remark from the fascist Italian dictator Benito Mussolini in 1943, as the Axis powers’ war in North Africa neared...
- 08 March 2019,
- War and childhood may be the theme of the twentieth century. The totalitarianism, decolonization, and the desperate competition for resources that characterized...
- 04 January 2019,
- While accessing oral histories and autobiographical writings about Indigenous participation in the Second World War, I had a strange epiphany: very few firsthand...