1. , , , et al. Practice management guidelines for the evaluation of blunt abdominal trauma: the East practice management guidelines work group. J Trauma 2002; 53: 602–15.
2. , , , , . Abdominal ultrasound is an unreliable modality for the detection of hemoperitoneum in patients with pelvic fracture. J Trauma 2007;63:97–102.
3. , . Advanced Trauma Life Support. ABCDE from a radiological point of view. Emerg Radiol 2007; 14: 135–41.
4. . Imaging of aortic and branch vessel trauma. Radiol Clin N Am 2012; 50: 85–103.
5. , , . A prospective comparison of supine chest radiography and bedside ultrasound for the diagnosis of traumatic pneumothorax. Acad Emerg Med 2005; 12: 844–9.
6. , , , et al. Is chest x-ray an adequate screening tool for the diagnosis of blunt thoracic aortic injury? J Trauma 2008; 65: 1088–92.
7. , , , et al. Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma practice management guidelines for hemorrhage in pelvic fracture: update and systematic review. J Trauma 2011; 71: 1850–68.
8. , , . Update on the roles of angiography and embolisation in pelvic fracture. Injury 2008; 39: 1290–4.
9. , , , et al. Impact of whole-body computed tomography on mortality and surgical management of severe blunt trauma. Crit Care 2012; 16: R101.
10. , , , et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of immediate total-body computed tomography compared with selective radiological imaging of injured patients. Br J Surg 2012; 99 (Suppl 1): 52–8.
11. , , , et al. Effect of whole-body CT during trauma resuscitation on survival: a retrospective, multicentre study. Lancet 2009; 373: 1455–61.
12. , , , et al. A multicenter, randomized controlled trial of immediate total-body CT scanning in trauma patients (REACT-2). BMC Emerg Med 2012; 12: 4.
13. , , , et al. Blunt cerebrovascular injuries: redefining screening criteria in the era of noninvasive diagnosis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2012; 72: 330–5.
14. , , . Risk factors that predict mortality in patients with blunt chest wall trauma: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Injury 2012; 43: 8–17.
15. , . Blunt polytrauma: evaluation with 64-section whole-body CT angiography. Radiographics 2012; 32: 609–31.
16. , , , . Determining the need for laparatomy in penetrating torso trauma: a prospective study using triple-contrast enhanced abdominopelvic computed tomography. J Trauma 2001; 51: 860–8.
17. , . Localized clotted blood as evidence of visceral trauma on CT: The sentinel clot sign. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1989; 153: 747–9.
18. , , , , . Clearing the cervical spine in the blunt trauma patient. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2010; 18: 149–59.
19. , , , , . Reformatted visceral protocol helical computed tomographic scanning allows conventional radiographs of the thoracic and lumbar spine to be eliminated in the evaluation of blunt trauma patients. J Trauma 2003; 55: 665–9.
20. , , , . Diagnosis of osteoporotic vertebral fractures: importance of recognition and description by radiologists. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2004; 183: 949–58.
21. , , . Spinal fractures in patients with ankylosing spinal disorders: a systematic review of the literature on treatment, neurological status and complications. Eur Spine J 2009; 18: 145–56.
22. , , , , . Imaging of trauma in a pregnant patient. Semin Ultrasound CT MR 2012; 33: 37–45.
23. , , . Imaging of trauma. Part 2, abdominal trauma and pregnancy: a radiologist’s guide to doing what is best for the mother and baby. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2012; 199: 1207–19.
24. , , . Traumatic injury and children: a national assessment. J Trauma 2007; 63: S68–80.
25. , , , et al. Effect of age on cervical spine injury in pediatric population: a National Trauma Data Bank review. J Pediatr Surg 2011; 46: 1771–6.
26. , . Blunt abdominal trauma in children. Curr Opin Pediatr 2012; 24: 314–18.
27. , , , . Imaging of pediatric thoracic trauma. Semin Roentgenol 2012; 47: 135–46.
28. , , , et al. Neuroimaging in traumatic spinal cord injury: an evidence-based review for clinical practice and research. Report of the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research Spinal Cord Injury Measures Meeting. J Spinal Cord Med 2007; 30: 205–14.
29. , , , et al. Fractures of the ankylosed spine: MDCT and MRI with emphasis on individual anatomic spinal structures. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2009; 192: 987–95.
. Consultation/verification program: reference guide of suggested classification. VRC criteria type I and type II for level I trauma centers. 2006
(accessed July 2014).
31. , , , et al. A prospective study on the safety and efficacy of angiographic embolization for pelvic and visceral injuries. J Trauma 2002; 53: 303–8.
32. , , , , . Male sexual function after bilateral internal iliac artery embolization for pelvic fracture. J Trauma 2004; 56: 734–41.
33. , , , et al. Literature review of the role of ultrasound, computed tomography, and transcatheter arterial embolization for the treatment of traumatic splenic injuries. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2010; 33: 1079–87.
34. , , , et al. Vascular emergencies in liver trauma. Eur J Radiol 2007; 64: 73–82.
35. , , , , . Traumatic occlusion and dissection of the main renal artery: endovascular treatment. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2011; 22: 1570–4.
36. , , . Renal pseudoaneurysm: an overview. Nat Rev Urol 2010; 7: 619–25.
37. , , , et al. Diagnosis and treatment of blunt thoracic aortic injuries: Changing perspectives. J Trauma 2008; 64: 1415–19.
38. , . Current management of traumatic thoracic aortic injury. Semin Vasc Surg 2010; 23: 215–20.
39. , , . Endovascular repair of the thoracic aorta. Surg Clin North Am 2009; 89: 895–912, ix.
40. , , , , . An update of the role of endovascular repair in blunt carotid artery trauma. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2010; 40: 312–19.