1. , , , . Pregnancies from biopsied human preimplantation embryos sexed by Y-specific DNA amplification. Nature 1990; 244: 768–70.
2. , , et al. Dual fluorescent in situ hybridization for simultaneous detection of X and Y chromosome-specific probes for the sexing of human preimplantation embryonic nuclei. Hum Genet 1992; 89: 18–22.
3. , . New perspectives on embryo biopsy: not how, but when and why? Semin Reprod Med 2012; 30: 259–66.
4. , , et al. ESHRE PGD Consortium data collection XI: cycles from January to December 2008 with pregnancy follow-up to October 2009. Hum Reprod 2012; 27: 1887–911.
5. , , et al. ESHRE PGD Consortium/Embryology Special Interest Group – best practice guidelines for polar body and embryo biopsy for preimplantation genetic diagnosis/screening (PGD/PGS). Hum Reprod 2011; 26: 41–6.
6. , , et al. One-cell biopsy significantly improves the outcome of preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) treatment: retrospective analysis of 569 PGD cycles at the Stockholm PGD centre. Hum Reprod 2012; 26: 2843–9.
7. , , et al. Birth of a healthy infant following trophectoderm biopsy from blastocysts for PGD of beta-thalassaemia major. Hum Reprod 2005; 20: 1855–9.
8. , , et al. Proof of principle and first cases using preimplantation genetic haplotyping – a paradigm shift for embryo diagnosis. Reprod Biomed Online 2006; 13: 110–9.
9. , De , et al. ESHRE PGD consortium best practice guidelines for amplification-based PGD. Hum Reprod 2011; 26: 33–40.
10. , , et al. Modification of the triplet repeat primed polymerase chain reaction method for detection of the CTG repeat expansion in myotonic dystrophy type 1: application in preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Fertil Steril 2010; 94: 1674–9.
11. , , et al. PGD and heteroplasmic mitochondrial DNA point mutations: a systematic review estimating the chance of healthy offspring. Hum Reprod Update 2012; 18: 341–9.
12. , , , , . Preimplantation diagnosis for Fanconi anemia combined with HLA matching. JAMA 2001; 285: 3130–3.
13. , , et al. Novel universal approach for preimplantation genetic diagnosis of beta-thalassaemia in combination with HLA matching of embryos. Hum Reprod 2004; 19: 700–8.
14. , , Chromosome translocations: segregation modes and strategies for preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Prenat Diagn 1998; 18: 1437–49.
15. , , et al. Outcome of preimplantation genetic diagnosis of translocations. Fertil Steril 2000; 73: 1209–18.
16. , , et al. Polymerase chain reaction-based detection of chromosomal imbalances on embryos: evolution of preimplantation genetic diagnosis for chromosomal translocations. Fertil Steril 2010; 94: 2001–11.
17. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis and chromosome analysis of blastomeres using comparative genomic hybridization. Hum Reprod Update 2005; 11: 33–41.
18. , , et al. Single cell CGH analysis reveals a high degree of mosaicism in human embryos from patients with balanced structural chromosome aberrations. Mol Hum Reprod 2002; 8: 502–10.
19. , , et al. PGD for reciprocal and Robertsonian translocations using array comparative genomic hybridization. Hum Reprod 2011; 26: 1925–35.
20. , , et al. Possible interchromosomal effect in embryos generated by gametes from translocation carriers. Hum Reprod 2002; 17: 3201–07.
21. , , et al. Report on a consecutive series of 581 children born after blastomere biopsy for preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Hum Reprod 2010; 25: 275–82.
22. , , et al. The causes of misdiagnosis and adverse outcomes in PGD. Hum Reprod 2009; 24: 1221–8.
23. , , et al. Accreditation of the PGD laboratory. Hum Reprod 2010; 25: 1051–65.
24. , , De et al. What next for preimplantation genetic screening (PGS)? A position statement from the ESHRE PGD Consortium Steering Committee. Human Reprod 2010; 25: 821–3.
25. , , et al. Karyomapping: a universal method for genome-wide analysis of genetic disease based on mapping crossovers between parental haplotypes. J Med Genet 2010; 47: 651–8.