1. Sperm transport in the female genital tract. In: , , eds. Cambridge Reviews in Human Reproduction. Volume 2: Gametes – The Spermatozoon. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 1995; 157–74.
2. A critical review of the physiological importance and analysis of sperm movement in mammals. Hum Reprod Update 1997; 3: 403–39.
3. . WHO Laboratory Manual for the Analysis of Human Semen and Sperm-Cervical Mucus Interaction. 4th edn. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 1999.
4. Practical Laboratory Andrology. New York: Oxford University Press 1994.
5. , , , et al. Two new prediction rules for spontaneous pregnancy leading to live birth among subfertile couples, based on the synthesis of three previous models. Hum Reprod 2004; 19: 2019–26.
6. A simple sperm penetration test. Int J Fertil 1965; 10: 209–14.
7. , , , et al. Prognostic value of in vitro sperm penetration into hormonally standardized human cervical mucus. Fertil Steril 1989; 51: 317–23.
8. The in vitro spermatozoal penetration test in fertility investigations. MD thesis. Groningen, Rijksuniversiteit te Groningen, 1968.
9. , , The “unexplained” poor post-coital test. Int J Fertil 1978; 23: 277–81.
10. , , . A standardized approach for evaluating the penetration of human spermatozoa into cervical mucus in vitro. Fertil Steril 1986; 45: 357–65.
11. A new method for evaluating cervical penetrability using daily aspirated and stored cervical mucus. Fertil Steril 1976; 27: 533–40.
12. , , , et al. The cervical score: a simple quantitative method for monitoring of the menstrual cycle. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1972; 10: 223–8.
13. . WHO Laboratory Manual for the Analysis of Human Semen and Sperm-Cervical Mucus Interaction. 3rd edn. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 1992.
14. Postcoital test: physiologic basis, technique and interpretation. Fertil Steril 1976; 27: 117–29.
15. , , , Hamster sperm penetration of the zona pellucida: kinematic analysis and mechanical implications. Devel Biol 1988; 130: 311–23.
16. , Biochemical studies of human semen and its relation to mucus of the cervix uteri. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1928; 15: 56–72.
17. , , A new quantitative test for sperm penetration into cervical mucus. Fertil Steril 1980; 33: 179–86.
18. , The sperm-cervical mucus contact test. A preliminary report. Fertil Steril 1976; 27: 335–40.
19. , , , A simplified approach to sperm-cervical mucus interaction using a hyaluronate migration test. Hum Reprod 1990; 5: 835–41.
20. , , , et al. Sperm penetration into a hyaluronic acid polymer as a means of monitoring functional competence. J Androl 1992; 13: 44–54.
21. , , , Hyaluronic acid as a medium for human sperm migration tests. Hum Reprod 1991; 6: 396–400.