1. , . Antisperm antibodies and conception. Semin Immunopathol. 2007; 29: 169–84.
2. . WHO Laboratory Manual for the Examination of Human Semen and Sperm-Cervical Mucus Interaction. 2009; in press.
3. , . Clinical associations and mechanisms of action of antisperm antibodies. Fertil Steril 2004; 82: 529–35.
4. , , , . Antisperm immunity in assisted reproduction. J Reprod Immunol 2004; 62: 101–9.
5. , , , . The poor prognostic value of low to moderate levels of sperm surface-bound antibodies. Hum Reprod 1992; 7: 95–8.
6. , , . Antisperm antibodies: detection assays for antisperm antibodies: what do they test?Hum Reprod 1999; 14: 1669–71.
7. . Antisperm antibodies. Antisperm antibodies and infertility: an unsolvable question?Hum Reprod 1999; 14: 2423–6.
8. , . Antisperm antibodies: use of the mixed agglutination reaction (MAR) test using latex beads. Hum Reprod 2000; 15: 231–3.
9. , , , . Antisperm antibodies and fertility after vasovasostomy: a follow-up study of 216 men. Fertil Steril 1990; 54: 315–21.
10. , , . Sperm-specific isoantibodies and autoantibodies inhibit the binding of human sperm to the human zona pellucida. Fertil Steril 1982; 38: 724–9.
11. . External quality assessment for semen analysis and sperm antibody detection: results of a pilot scheme. Hum Reprod 1995; 10: 620–5.
12. , . Interlaboratory variability of the indirect mixed antiglobulin reaction in the assessment of antisperm antibodies. Fertil Steril 2002; 78: 1336–8.
13. . Practical Laboratory Andrology. New York: Oxford University Press 1994.
14. , , , et al. Seminal tract infections: impact on male fertility and treatment options. Hum Reprod Update 1998; 4: 891–903.
15. , , . Relevance of male accessory gland infection for subsequent fertility with special focus on prostatitis. Hum Reprod Update 1999; 5: 421–32.
16. , , . Infections, Infertility and Assisted Reproduction. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press 2005.
17. . Sexually transmitted infections: impact on male fertility. Andrologia 2008; 40: 72–5.
18. , , , et al. Role for tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and interleukin 1-beta (IL-1beta) determination in seminal plasma during infertility investigation. Fertil Steril 2007; 87: 810–23.
19. , , , et al. Concentrations and significance of cytokines and other immunologic factors in semen of healthy fertile men. Hum Reprod 2007; 22: 2928–35.
20. , , , et al. Prevalence of sexually transmissible pathogens in semen from asymptomatic male infertility patients with and without leukocytospermia. Fertil Steril 2007; 87: 1087–97.
21. , , . Prospective study of leukocytes and leukocyte subpopulations in semen suggests they are not a cause of male infertility. Fertil Steril 1993; 60: 1069–75.
22. , , , , , . Differential contribution of leukocytes and spermatozoa to the generation of reactive oxygen species in the ejaculates of oligozoospermic patients and fertile donors. J Reprod Fertil 1992; 94: 451–62.
23. , , . Leukocytic infiltration into the human ejaculate and its association with semen quality, oxidative stress, and sperm function. J Androl 1994; 15: 343–52.
24. , , , , . The removal of morphologically abnormal sperm forms by phagocytes: a positive role for seminal leukocytes?Hum Reprod 1992; 7: 517–22.
25. , , . Diagnosis of accessory gland infection and its possible role in male infertility. Int J Androl 1980; 3: 32–45.
26. , , , , , . Clinical relevance of polymorphonuclear (PMN-) elastase determination in semen and serum during infertility investigation. Int J Androl 2009; 32: 317–29.
27. , . Staining for volumetric count of leukocytes in semen and prostate-vesicular fluid. Fertil Steril 1980; 34: 68–9.
28. , , , , , . Round cells and sperm fertilizing capacity: the presence of immature germ cells but not seminal leukocytes are associated with reduced success of in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 1992; 58: 1257–9.
29. , , Evaluation of a commercially available kit for the colorimetric determination of zinc in human seminal plasma. Int J Androl 1987; 10: 435–40.
30. . WHO Laboratory Manual for the Examination of Human Semen and Sperm-Cervical Mucus Interaction. 4th edn. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press 1999.
31. , , . The Influence of inflammation of the human male genital tract on secretion of the seminal markers α-glucosidase, glycerophosphocholine, carnitine, fructose and citric acid. Int J Androl 1990; 13: 329–36.
32. , , . Fructose and proteins in human semen. Andrologia 1989; 21: 576–9.
33. , , , . A simple spot test for the detection of fructose deficiency in semen. Int J Androl 1989; 12: 195–8.
34. , , , . Similar biochemical properties of human seminal plasma and epididymal α-1,4-glucosidase. J Androl 1984; 5: 277–82.
35. , , , et al. Improvement in the assessment of human epididymal function by the use of inhibitors in the assay of α-glucosidase in seminal plasma. Int J Androl 1990; 13: 297–305.
36. , . The male factor in fertility and infertility. III. An analysis of motile activity in the spermatozoa of 1000 fertile men and 1000 men in infertile marriage. Fertil Steril 1951; 2: 187–204.
37. . Survival of human spermatozoa in different fractions of split ejaculate. Fertil Steril 1973; 24: 521–6.
38. , , . Ejaculatory sequence in men with low sperm chromatin-zinc. Int J Androl 1991; 14: 174–8.
39. , . Influence of seminal vesicular fluid on the zinc content of human sperm chromatin. Int J Androl 1990; 13: 232–7.
40. , . Sequence of ejaculation affects the spermatozoon as a carrier and its message. RBM Online 2003; 7: 440–8.
41. , . Computer-aided sperm analysis: technology at a crossroads. Fertil Steril 1993; 59: 953–5.
42. , , . Automated semen analysis. Curr Probl Obstet Gynecol Fertil 1989; XII: 167–200.
43. . A critical review of the physiological importance and analysis of sperm movement in mammals. Hum Reprod Update 1997; 3: 403–39.
44. , . Value and reliability of CASA systems. In: , , , et al., eds. Modern ART in the 2000s. Carnforth: Parthenon Publishing 1998.
45. . CASA–practical aspects. J Androl 2000; 21: 515–24.
46. , , , . Workshop report: clinical CASA – the quest for consensus. Reprod Fertil Dev 1995; 7: 951–9.
47. . Consensus workshop on advanced diagnostic andrology techniques. Hum Reprod 1996; 11: 1463–79.
48. . Guidelines on the application of CASA technology in the analysis of spermatozoa. Hum Reprod 1998; 13: 142–5.
49. , , , . Influence of the flagellar wave development and propagation on the human sperm movement in seminal plasma. Gamete Res 1984; 9: 183–95.
50. , , , . Influence of image sampling frequency on the perceived movement characteristics of progressively motile human spermatozoa. Gamete Res 1988; 20: 313–27.
51. , , , et al. Evaluation of computer-assisted semen analysis (CASA) with IDENT stain to determine sperm concentration. J Androl 1996; 17: 288–92.
52. , , , et al. A prospective clinical study of the relationship between the computer-assisted assessment of human semen quality and the achievement of pregnancy in vivo. Hum Reprod 1994; 9: 2324–34.
53. , . The predictive value of computer-assisted semen analysis in the context of a donor insemination programme. Hum Reprod 1995; 10: 580–6.
54. , . Laboratory investigation of the infertile male. In: , edn. A Textbook of In-Vitro Fertilization and Assisted Reproduction. 3rd edn. London: Taylor & Francis Medical Books 2005: 61–91.
55. , . Effect of image sampling frequency on established and smoothing-independent kinematic values of capacitating human spermatozoa. J Androl 1999; 14: 997–1004.