1. , , . Oxygen, early embryonic metabolism and radical mediated embryopathies. Reprod Biomed Online 2003; 6: 84–96.
2. , , , . The role of prostanoids in the development of diabetic embryopathy. Semin Reprod Endocrinol 1999; 17: 175–81.
3. , , . Free radicalmediated oxidative DNA damage in the mechanism of thalidomide teratogenicity. Nature Med 1999; 5: 582–5.
4. , . Echographic and anatomic studies of the maternotrophoblastic border during the first trimester of pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1987; 157: 162–8.
5. , . In vivo aspect of the maternal-trophoblastic border during the first trimester of gestation. Troph Res 1988; 3: 39–48.
6. , , . Maternal arterial connections to the placental intervillous space during the first trimester of human pregnancy: the Boyd collection revisited. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999; 181: 718–24.
7. , , , , . Susceptibility of human placental syncytiotrophoblast mitochondria to oxygen-mediated damage in relation to gestational age. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998; 83: 1697–705.
8. , , , . Trophoblastic oxidative stress in relation to temporal and regional differences in maternal placental blood flow in normal and abnormal early pregnancy. Am J Pathol 2003; 162: 115–25.
9. , , et al. Onset of placental blood flow and trophoblastic oxidative stress: a possible factor in human early pregnancy failure. Am J Pathol 2000; 157: 2111–22.
10. , , , Oxygen measurements in endometrial and trophoblastic tissues during early pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 1992; 80: 283–5.
11. , , . In vivo investigations of anatomy and physiology of early human placental circulations. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1991; 1: 435–45.
12. , , , . Doppler ultrasound study of the developing placental circulations: correlation with anatomic findings. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1992; 166: 585–7.
13. , , , . Development of the early human placenta: a Morphometric study. Placenta 1991; 12: 269–76.
14. , 2000 Fluid compartments of the embryonic environment. Hum Reprod Update 2000; 6: 268–78.
15. , , . The human first trimester gestational sac limits rather than facilities oxygen transfer to the foetus: a review. Placenta 2003; 24: S86–S93.
16. , , . Placental-related diseases of pregnancy: involvement of oxidative stress and implications in human evolution. Hum Reprod Update 2006; 12: 747–55.
17. , , . Nutrition of the human fetus during the first trimester: a review. Placenta-Trophoblast Res 2001; 22: S70–S76.
18. , , , . Endometrial glands as a source of nutrients, growth factors and cytokines during the first trimester of human pregnancy: a morphological and immunohistochemical study. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2004; 20: 58.
19. , . Placentation. In Marshall's Physiology of Reproduction. Lamming GE ed. London: Chapman & Hall, 1994; 233–460.
20. . Vertebrate Fetal Membranes: Comparative Ontogeny and Morphology, Evolution, Phylogenetic Significance, Basic Functions, Research Opportunities. London: Macmillan, 1987.
21. , , et al. Endometrial glands are required for preimplantation conceptus elongation and survival. Biol Reprod 2001; 64: 1608–13.
22. , , , , . Uterine glands provide histiotrophic nutrition for the human fetus during the first trimester of pregnancy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002; 87: 2954–9.
23. , , , , . The ultrastructure of the glandular epithelium in the timed endometrial biopsy. Hum Reprod 1988; 3: 826–34.
24. . Secretory endometrial/decidual proteins and their function in early pregnancy. J Reprod Fertil 1988; 36 Suppl.: 109–25.
25. , , , Contribution to the physiology and pathology of endometrial receptivity: the determination of protein patterns in human uterine secretions. Hum Reprod 1989; 4 Suppl. : 115–20.
26. , , , . Endometrial proteins: a reappraisal. Hum Reprod 1992; 1 Suppl.: 31–8.
27. , , . alpha-Tocopherol-binding protein in the cytosol of the human placenta. Biochem Soc Trans 1996; 24: 202S.
28. , , et al. Human placental trophoblast cells express alpha-tocopherol transfer protein. Placenta 2003; 24: 439–44.
29. , , et al. Distribution and transfer pathways of antioxidant molecules inside the first trimester human gestational sac. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2004; 89: 1452–8.
30. , , , . Gestational age-dependent dual action of epidermal growth factor on human placenta early in gestation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1992; 75: 1362–7.
31. , , , . Expression of epidermal growth factor and its receptor in equine placental tissues. J Reprod Fertil 1998; 112: 49–57.
32. , , , . Progesterone and placental hormone actions on the uterus: insights from domestic animals. Biol Reprod 2004; 71: 2–10.
33. , , . Human early placental development: potential roles of the endometrial glands. Placenta 2007; 28 Suppl A: S64–9.
34. , , et al. MUC1 in secretory phase endometrium: expression in precisely dated biopsies and flushings from normal and recurrent miscarriage patients. Hum Reprod 1995; 10: 2655–62.
35. , , , , : Endometrial protein PP14 and CA-125 in recurrent miscarriage patients; correlation with pregnancy outcome. Hum Reprod 1998; 13: 3197–202.
36. , . The Human Placenta. Cambridge: Heffer and Sons, 1970.
37. , . Ultrastructure of the materno-embryonic interface in the first trimester of pregnancy. Micron 1995; 2: 145–73.
38. , , . Studies of the function of the early human trophoblast. III: a study of the protein structure of mole fluid, chorionic and amniotic fluid by paper electrophoresis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1958; 75: 699–707.
39. , . The origin and circulation of the amniotic fluid. In: Fairweather DVI, Eskes TKAB eds. Amniotic Fluid: Research and Clinical Application. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1978; 1–18.
40. . Human Embryology. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 1993.
41. , , , . Protein and enzyme pattern in fluid cavities of the first trimester gestational sac: relevance to the absorptive role of the secondary yolk sac. Mo Hum Reprod 1998; 4: 857–62.
42. , , et al. Relationship between protein levels in embryological fluids and maternal serum and yolk sac size during early human pregnancy. Hum Reprod 1994; 9: 161–6.
43. , , et al. Fetal tissues are exposed to biologically relevant free tryroxine concentrations during early phases of development. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002; 87: 1768–77.
44. , , , , . Polyol concentrations in the fluid compartments of the human conceptus during the first trimester of pregnancy: maintenance of redox potential in a low oxygen environment. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2005; 90: 1171–5.
45. , , , , . Transfer of folic acid inside the first trimester gestational sac and the effect of maternal Smoking. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007; 197: 58e1– 58e6.
46. , , , , . Transfer of inulin across the first trimester human placenta. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1997; 176: 33–6.
47. , , , , . In vivo study of diazepam transfer across the first trimester human placenta. Hum Reprod 1996; 11: 889–92.
48. , , et al. Placental propofol transfer and fetal sedation during maternal general anaesthesia in early pregnancy. Lancet 1998; 352: 290–1.
49. , , , , . Placental transfer of fentanyl in early human pregnancy. Hum Reprod 1998; 13: 2317–20.
50. , , , , , . Electrical potential difference between exocoelomic fluid and maternal blood in early pregnancy. Am J Physiology 1998; 274: R1492–R5.