1. , , , et al. Epidemiology/risk factors of sexual dysfunction. J Sex Med 2004;1:35–9.
2. , Sexual dysfunctions: classifications and definitions. J Sex Med 2007;4:241–50.
3. , , Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors. JAMA 1999;281:537–44.
4. , , , et al. A study of sexuality and health among older adults in the United States. N Engl J Med 2007;357:762–74.
5. , Sexuality and intimacy. In: , ed. Multiple sclerosis: the questions you ask, the answers you need. New York: Demos Vermonde Press; 2000.
6. , Sexual function in women with advanced multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1995;59:83–6.
7. , , , et al. Reduced quality of life among multiple sclerosis patients with sexual disturbance and bladder dysfunction. Mult Scler 2001;7:231–5.
8. , , , et al. Sexual dysfunction in multiple sclerosis: II. Correlation analysis. Mult Scler 1999;5:428–31.
9. , , , et al. Bladder and sexual function among women with multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler 2004;10:455–61.
10. , , eds. Sexual dysfunction in neurologic disease: mechanisms of disease and counselling approaches. AUA Update Series Lesson 35; 1998.
11. PLISSIT therapy. In: , ed. Handbook of Innovative Psychotherapies. New York: Wiley & Sons; 1981:626–39.
12. , The use of various teaching models in treatment of sexual concerns. In: , , eds. Handbook of sexual therapy. New York: Plenum Press; 1978.
13. , Sexuality and spinal cord injury: a road map for nurses. SCI Nurs 2000;17:8–13.
14. , Sexual dysfunction in multiple sclerosis. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1984;65:125–8.
15. , , , Erectile dysfunction in multiple sclerosis. Neurology 1988;38:1366–71.
16. , , , et al. Value of nocturnal penile tumescence and rigidity (NPTR) recording in impotent patients with multiple sclerosis. Int J Impot Res 1996;8:241–5.
17. , , , Erectile dysfunction in multiple sclerosis. Associated neurological and neurophysiological deficits, and treatment of the condition. Brain 1994;117(Pt 6):1303–10.
18. Sexual impotence and some autonomic disturbances in men with multiple sclerosis. Acta Neurol Scand 1969;45:166–82.
19. , Ejaculatory failure. World J Urol 1993;11:89–95.
20. , , , et al. The international index of erectile function (IIEF): a multidimensional scale for assessment of erectile dysfunction. Urology 1997;49:822–30.
21. , , , et al. The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): a multidimensional self-report instrument for the assessment of female sexual function. J Sex Marital Ther 2000;26:191–208.
22. , Sexual sensation seeking and sexual compulsivity scales: reliability, validity, and predicting HIV risk behavior. J Pers Assess 1995;65:586–601.
23. The neurology of male sexual dysfunction and its investigation by clinical neurophysiological methods. Br J Urol 1998;81:785–95.
24. , , , et al. Single potential analysis of cavernous electrical activity in impotent patients: a possible diagnostic method for autonomic cavernous dysfunction and cavernous smooth muscle degeneration. J Urol 1991;146:771–6.
25. , , , , The value of corpus cavernosum electromyography in erectile dysfunction: current status and future prospect. Eur Urol 2003;43:211–8.
26. Sexuality & MS: a guide for women. Letchworth Garden City, UK: Multiple Sclerosis Trust; 2007.
27. , , , et al. Botulinum injections for the treatment of bladder symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Ann Neurol 2007;62:452–7.
28. , , , et al. Botulinum toxin A (Botox) intradetrusor injections in adults with neurogenic detrusor overactivity/neurogenic overactive bladder: a systematic literature review. Eur Urol 2008;53:275–87.
29. , , Effects of SSRIs on sexual function: a critical review. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1999;19:67–85.
30. , , , et al. A placebo-controlled trial of bupropion SR as an antidote for selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-induced sexual dysfunction. J Clin Psychiatry 2004;65:62–7.
31. , , , et al. Bupropion extended release compared with escitalopram: effects on sexual functioning and antidepressant efficacy in 2 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies. J Clin Psychiatry 2006;67:736–46.
32. , , , et al. Assessment of sexual functioning in depressed patients treated with mirtazapine: a naturalistic 6-month study. Hum Psychopharmacol 2005;20:435–40.
33. , , , Ten years of phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors in spinal cord injured patients. J Sex Med 2009;6:1248–58.
34. , , , et al. A double blind, randomised study of sildenafil citrate for erectile dysfunction in men with multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2005;76:700–5.
35. , , , et al. Randomized trial of sildenafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in spinal cord injury. Sildenafil Study Group. Ann Neurol 1999;46:15–21.
36. , , Efficacy and safety of oral sildenafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 329 patients. Sildenafil Study Group. Int J Clin Pract 1998;52:375–9.
37. , , , Sildenafil for treatment of erectile dysfunction in men with diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Sildenafil Diabetes Study Group. JAMA 1999;281:421–6.
39. , , , et al. British Society for Sexual Medicine guidelines on the management of erectile dysfunction. J Sex Med 2008;5:1841–65.
40. , , , et al. Vardenafil improves urodynamic parameters in men with spinal cord injury: results from a single dose, pilot study. J Urol 2007;178:2040–3.
41. , , Treatment options for erectile dysfunction. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 2007;36:465–79.
42. , , , , Treatment of erectile dysfunction with sildenafil citrate (Viagra) in parkinsonism due to Parkinson's disease or multiple system atrophy with observations on orthostatic hypotension. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2001;71:371–4.
43. , Erectile dysfunction drugs and risk of anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy: casual or causal association? Br J Ophthalmol 2007;91:1551–5.
44. , , , et al. Prospective, randomized, crossover comparison of sublingual apomorphine (3 mg) with oral sildenafil (50 mg) for male erectile dysfunction. J Urol 2004;172(6 Pt 1):2347–9.
45. , , , , An open-label, randomized, flexible-dose, crossover study to assess the comparative efficacy and safety of sildenafil citrate and apomorphine hydrochloride in men with erectile dysfunction. BJU Int 2004;93:1271–5.
46. , Vacuum constriction and external erection devices in erectile dysfunction. Urol Clin North Am 2001;28:335–41.
47. , , , Outcome analysis of goal directed therapy for impotence. J Urol 1996;155:1609–12.
48. , , , et al. Use of intracavernous injection of prostaglandin E1 for neuropathic erectile dysfunction. Paraplegia 1994;32:661–4.
49. , Intracavernous pharmacotherapy for erectile dysfunction. Endocrine 2004;23:149–55.
50. , , , et al. Treatment of men with erectile dysfunction with transurethral alprostadil. Medicated Urethral System for Erection (MUSE) Study Group. N Engl J Med 1997;336:1–7.
51. , , , et al. Disappointing initial results with transurethral alprostadil for erectile dysfunction in a urology practice setting. J Urol 1998;160(6 Pt 1):2041–6.
52. , , , et al. Safety and efficacy outcome of mentor alpha-1 inflatable penile prosthesis implantation for impotence treatment. J Urol 1997;157:833–9.
53. Penile prostheses: are they still relevant? BJU Int 2003;91:176–7.
54. , , , et al. Pelvi-perineal rehabilitation for dysfunctioning erections. A clinical and anatomo-physiologic study. Int J Impot Res 1993;5:13–26.
55. Yohimbine in the treatment of erectile disorder. Br J Clin Pract 1994;48:133–6.
56. , , , , An extract from the bark of Aspidosperma quebracho blanco binds to human penile alpha-adrenoceptors. J Urol 2002;168:160–3.
57. , , , , Midodrine improves ejaculation in spinal cord injured men. J Urol 2007;178:2082–6.
58. , , , et al. The effects of hypoestrogenism on the vaginal wall: interference with the normal sexual response. J Sex Med 2009;6:30–9.
59. , , , et al. Testosterone for low libido in postmenopausal women not taking estrogen. N Engl J Med 2008;359:2005–17.
60. , , Comparative effects of continuous combined hormone therapy and tibolone on body composition in postmenopausal women. Climacteric 2010;13:249–53.
61. , Testosterone therapy in women: a review. Int J Impot Res 2005;17:399–408.
62. , , , Sildenafil effects on sexual and cardiovascular responses in women with spinal cord injury. Urology 2000;55:812–5.
63. , , , , Efficacy of sildenafil in the treatment of female sexual dysfunction due to multiple sclerosis. J Urol 2004;171:1189–93.
64. , , Treating symptoms of female sexual arousal disorder with the Eros-Clitoral Therapy Device. J Gend Specif Med 2001;4:54–8.
65. , Dyspareunia in women. Breaking the silence is the first step toward treatment. Postgrad Med 2000;108:149–52, 157–60, 164–6.
66. , , , et al. Correlation of symptoms with location and severity of pelvic organ prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2001;185:1332–7.
67. , Psychological issues in diagnosis and treatment of erectile disorders. Urol Clin North Am 1995;22:767–73.
68. , , , et al. The treatment of sexually dysfunctional men without partners: a controlled study of three behavioural group approaches. Br J Psychiatry 1997;170:338–44.
69. Relapse prevention strategies and techniques in sex therapy. J Sex Marital Ther 1993;19:142–6.