1. , , , , . Symptom assessment in elderly cancer patients receiving palliative care. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2003;47:281–6.
2. , , , , , Acceptability of visual analogue scales in the clinical setting: a comparison with verbal rating scales in postoperative pain. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 1989;11:123–7.
3. , , The measurement of clinical pain intensity: a comparison of six methods. Pain 1986;27:117–26.
4. , , , . The measurement of postoperative pain: a comparison of intensity scales in younger and older surgical patients. Pain 2005;117:412–20.
5. , , , . Comparative reliability and validity of chronic pain intensity measures. Pain 1999;83:157–62.
6. , , . Assessment of pain during medical procedures: a comparison of three scales. Clin J Pain 1998;14:343–9.
7. , , , , , . Studies with pain scale ratings. Ann Rheum Dis 1978;37:378–87.
8. The McGill Pain Questionnaire: from description to measurement. Anesthesiology 2005;103:199–202.
9. The McGill Pain Questionnaire: major properties and scoring methods. Pain 1975;1:277–99.
10. , , , , , Studies with different types of visual analog scales for measurement of pain. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1983;34:234–9.
11. , , , . Comparison of fixed interval and visual analogue scales for rating chronic pain. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1975;8:415–20.
12. , , , , The visual analog scale for pain: clinical significance in postoperative patients. Anesthesiology 2001;95:1356–61.
13. , , , , The Edmonton Symptom Assessment System (ESAS): a simple method for the assessment of palliative care patients. J Palliat Care 1991; 7:6–9.
14. , Age differences in the quality of chronic pain: a preliminary study. Pain Res Manag 1997;2:157–62.
15. , , . Measurement of pain: patient preference does not confound pain measurement. Pain 1981;10:241–8.
16. , , . The visual analogue pain scale: what is moderate pain in millimeters? Pain 1997;72:95–97.
17. , , . The numeric rating scale and labor epidural analgesia. Anesth Analg 2003;96:1794–8.
18. , , , , Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 6th ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 2001, p. 1301.
19. , , , Evaluation of the Faces Pain Scale for use with the elderly. Clin J Pain 1998;14:29–38.
20. , , , , . The Faces Pain Scale for the self-assessment of the severity of pain experienced by children: development, initial validation, and preliminary investigation for ratio scale properties. Pain 1990;41:139–50.
21. , , , , , . Multimeasure pain assessment in an ethnically diverse group of patients with cancer. J Transcult Nurs 1999;10:94–101.
22. , Measurement of pain. Surg Clin North Am 1999;79:231–52.
23. , , . Chiropractic chronic low back pain sufferers and self-report assessment methods. Part I. A reliability study of the Visual Analog Scale, the Pain Drawing and the McGill Pain Questionnaire. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1989;12:21–5.
24. , , . The multidimensional nature of cancer-related pain. Pain 1983;17:277–88.
25. The short-form McGill Pain Questionnaire. Pain 1987;30:191–97.