- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: August 2016
- Print publication year: 2016
- Online ISBN: 9781139924795
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139924795
This collection asks a direct but complex question: is the EU humane enough? The implementation of EU law and policy and its balance between economic and social values continues to provoke debate. Providing fresh insight, Nuno Ferreira and Dora Kostakopoulou present a novel analytical framework, centred on the notion of humaneness, for assessing EU law and policy. This innovative approach leads to recommendations for policy change towards a more humanistic philosophy for the EU. Broad in its scope, this remarkable volume draws together interdisciplinary perspectives from contributors who examine key EU law and policy fields, including economic integration, asylum and free movement, citizenship and development, and security. This book is essential reading for scholars, students and policy-makers seeking new ways of exploring the economic versus social values debate in EU law.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.