1. , , , et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, multiphasic disseminated encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosis in children. Brain 2000;123:2407–2422.
2. , , , . Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis in children. Pediatrics 2002;110:e21.
3. , , , et al. Clinical and neuroradiologic features of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis in children. Neurology 2001;56:1308–1312.
4. , , . Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: A long-term follow-up study of 84 pediatric patients. Neurology 2002;59:1224–1231.
5. , , , et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. MRI findings and the distinction from multiple sclerosis. Brain 1990;113:291–302.
6. , , Consensus definitions proposed for pediatric multiple sclerosis and related disorders. Neurology 2007;68(Suppl 2):S7–12.
7. , , , et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis in children: Discordant neurologic and neuroimaging abnormalities and response to plasmapheresis. Pediatrics 2005;116:431–436.
8. , , , et al. Clinical and diagnostic aspects of multiple sclerosis and acute monophasic encephalomyelitis in pediatric patients: A single centre prospective study. Mult Scler 2009;15:363–370.
9. , , , et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosis: Magnetic resonance imaging differentiation. Australas Radiol 2000;44:404–411.
10. , , , et al. Role of MRI in the differentiation of ADEM from MS in children. Neurology 2009;72:968–973.
11. , , , et al. Prognostic factors after a first attack of inflammatory CNS demyelination in children. Neurology 2008;71:967–973.
12. , , , et al. MRI prognostic factors for relapse after acute CNS inflammatory demyelination in childhood. Brain 2004;127:1942–1947.
13. , , , et al. Lesion distribution in children with clinically isolated syndromes. Ann Neurol 2008;63:401–405.
14. Large focal tumor-like demyelinating lesions of the brain: Intermediate entity between multiple sclerosis and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis? A study of 31 patients. Ann Neurol 1993;33:18–27.
15. , , , et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis cohort study: Prognostic factors for relapse. Eur J Paediatr Neurol 2007;11:90–95.
16. , , Multiple sclerosis and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis diagnosed in children after long-term follow-up: Comparison of presenting features. Dev Med Child Neurol, 2009;51:480–486.
17. , Early relapse risk after a first CNS inflammatory demyelination episode: Examining international consensus definitions. Dev Med Child Neurol 2007;49:887–893.
18. , . Sorting through the pediatric MS spectrum with brain MRI. Nat Rev Neurol 2009;5:186–188.
19. , , , . Multiple complete ring-shaped enhanced MRI lesions in acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Clin Imaging 2003;27:281–284.
20. , , , et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis in children: Focus on relapsing patients. Pediatr Neurol 2008;39:12–17.
21. , , , . Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Neurology 2007;68(Suppl 2):S23–36.
22. Long lesions ion initial spinal cord MRI predict a final diagnosis of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis versus multiple sclerosis in children. Neurology 2008;70(Suppl 1):A135.
23. , , , et al. Poststreptococcal acute disseminated encephalomyelitis with basal ganglia involvement and auto-reactive antibasal ganglia antibodies. Ann Neurol 2001;50:588–595.
24. , , , . Acute encephalopathy associated with influenza and other viral infections. Acta Neurol Scand Suppl 2007;186:45–56.
25. , , , et al. Vanishing MS T2-bright lesions before puberty: A distinct MRI phenotype?Neurology 2008;71:1090–1093.
26. , . Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis or multiple sclerosis: Can the initial presentation help in establishing a correct diagnosis?Arch Dis Child 2005;90:636–639.
27. , , , . Long-term MRI follow-up of patients with post infectious encephalomyelitis: Evidence for a monophasic disease. J Neurol Sci 1999;167:132–136.
28. , , , et al. Quantitative proton MR spectroscopic imaging in acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Am J Neuroradiol 2001;22:1125–1130.
29. , , , et al. Diffusion-weighted imaging and proton MR spectroscopy in the characterization of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Neuroradiology 2007;49:177–183.
30. , , , et al. Modern MRI tools for the characterization of acute demyelinating lesions: Value of chemical shift and diffusion-weighted imaging. Neuroradiology 2004;46:421–426.