1. , , , . Sleep disturbances and chronic disease in older adults: results of the 2003 National Sleep Foundation Sleep in America Survey. J Psychosom Res 2004;56:497–502.
2. , . Prevalence and impacts of poor sleep on quality of life and associated factors of good sleepers in a sample of older Chinese adults. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2012;10:72.
3. , , , et al. Insomnia and daytime sleepiness are risk factors for depressive symptoms in the elderly. Sleep 2011;34:1103–10.
4. . FDA Drug Safety Communication: risk of next-morning impairment after use of insomnia drugs; FDA requires lower recommended doses for certain drugs containing zolpidem (Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, and Zolpimist). Rockville, MD: US Food and Drug Administration;2013.
5. . Sleep and hypnotics among the elderly in relation to body weight and somatic disease. J Intern Med 1995;238:65–70.
6. . Insomnia in the elderly: a review for the primary care practitioner. Sleep 2000;23(Suppl 1):S23–30; discussion S36–8.
7. , , . Risk factors for falls among elderly persons living in the community. N Engl J Med 1988;319:1701–17.
8. , , , et al. Self-reported sleep and nap habits and risk of falls and fractures in older women: the study of osteoporotic fractures. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;54:1177–83.
9. , , , 3rd, et al. Insomnia and objectively measured sleep disturbances predict treatment outcome in depressed patients treated with psychotherapy or psychotherapy–pharmacotherapy combinations. J Clin Psychiatry 2012;73:478–85.
10. , , , et al. Insomnia and hypnotic use, recorded in the minimum data set, as predictors of falls and hip fractures in Michigan nursing homes. J Am Geriatr Soc 2005;53:955–62.
11. , , , . Insomnia medication use and the probability of an accidental event in an older adult population. Drug Health Patient Saf 2010;2:225–32.
12. , , , . [Assessment of the relationships between insomnia and hypnotic use with the risk of falls and bone fractures in late-stage elderly patients]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 2012;39(Suppl 1):113–14.
13. , , , , . Sedative hypnotics in older people with insomnia: meta-analysis of risks and benefits. BMJ 2005;19:1169.
14. , , . Benzodiazepines and the risk of falls in nursing home residents. J Am Geriatr Soc 2000;48:682–5.
15. , , . Sleep problems as a risk factor for falls in a sample of community-dwelling adults aged 64–99 years. J Am Geriatr Soc 2000;48:1234–40.
16. , , , et al. Trazodone for the treatment of sleep disorders in dementia: an open-label, observational and review study. Arq Neuropsiquiatr 2011;69:44–9.
17. , , , . The effects of trazodone on sleep in patients treated with stimulant antidepressants. Sleep Med 2004;5:15–20.
18. . A review of the evidence for the efficacy and safety of trazodone in insomnia. J Clin Psychiatry 2005;66:469–76.