1. Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The Psychiatric Clinics of North America. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company 2001;24:xi–xii.
2. , , Psychiatric emergency services in a Canadian city: II. Clinical characteristics and patients’ disposition. Can J Psychiatry 1992;37:96–9.
3. , , , (Eds.). Rosen’s Emergency Medicine Concepts and Clinical Practice (7th Edition, Chapter 110). Philadelphia: Mosby/Elsevier; 2010: 1445–51.
4. , , , et al. Consensus statement on generalized anxiety disorder from the International Consensus Group on Depression and Anxiety. J Clin Psychiatry 2001;62:53–8.
5. , , Anxiety disorder in patients with non-specific chest pain in the emergency setting. Emerg Med J 2006;23:99–102.
6. Emergency care of anxious patients. In: , (Ed.). Emergency Psychiatry: Concepts, Methods, and Practices. New York: Plenum Press; 1984: 233–60.
7. , , Mood and anxiety syndromes in emergency psychiatry. Psychiatr Clin North Am 1999;22:766–77.
8. Current diagnosis and treatment: psychiatry. In: , , (Eds.). Anxiety Disorders, (2nd Edition, Chapt. 22). Columbus, OH: McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008: 328–41.
9. . ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioral Disorders, Clinical Descriptions and Diagnostic Guidelines. Geneva: WHO; 1992.
10. , Developments in the treatment and diagnosis of anxiety disorders. Psychiatr Clin North Am 2009;32:XIII–XX.
12. , , , et al. The behavioral spectrum of tic disorders: a community-based study. Neurology 2002;59:414–20.
13. , The epidemiology of comorbidity between depression, anxiety disorders and somatic diseases. Int Clin Psychopharmacol 1999;14(Suppl 2):S1–6.
14. , Panic disorder and agoraphobia. In: Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry Behavioral Sciences/ Clinical Psychiatry, (10th Edition). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007.
15. , Managing panic attacks in emergency patients. J Emerg Med 1989;7:547–52.
16. , Fast Facts: Anxiety, Panic, and Phobias, (2nd Edition). Oxford, UK: Health Press Limited; May 2006.
17. Cognitive behavioral therapy in anxiety disorders: current state of the evidence. Dialogues Clin Neurosci 2011;13:413–21.
18. , , , , Treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: a comprehensive review of the literature for psychopharmacologic alternatives to newer antidepressants and benzodiazepines. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord 2011;13:pii.
19. , , , et al. Preliminary investigation of the Panic Screening Score for emergency department patients with unexplained chest pain. Acad Emerg Med 2011;18:322–5.