1. , . Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: the differential diagnosis. J Child Neurol. 1991;6:S23–36.
2. . Children with Disabilities, 6th edn. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes Pub. Co.; 2007.
3. , , , . Attention Deficits and Hyperactivity in Children and Adults. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker; 1999.
4. , , , . Diagnosis and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. Council on Scientific Affairs, American Medical Association. JAMA. 1998;279:1100–7.
5. . Neurological comorbidity patterns/differential diagnosis in adult attention deficit disorder. In: Nadeau KG, ed. A Comprehensive Guide to Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults. New York, NY: Brunnel/Mazel Pubs. 1995; 74–92.
6. . Neurology of the Newborn, 5th edn. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Health Science; 2008.
7. , , . Long-term psychopathological and cognitive outcome of children with fetal alcohol syndrome. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993;32:990–4.
8. , , , , . Maternal blood lead effects on infant intelligence at age 7 months. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;188:S26–32.
9. , , . Prenatal cocaine exposures and dose-related cocaine effects on infant tone and behavior. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2007;29:232–30.
10. , , , , . Psychiatric disorders at five years among children with birthweights <1000 g: a regional perspective. Dev Med Child Neurol. 1990;32:954–62.
11. , , , et al. Attention problems in a representative sample of extremely preterm/extremely low birth weight children. Dev Neuropsychol. 2011;36:57–73.
12. , , , et al. Born too small: is outcome still affected? Dev Med Child Neurol. 1990;32:943–53.
13. , , , et al. Severe psychological stress and heavy cigarette smoking during pregnancy: an examination of the pre- and perinatal risk factors associated with ADHD and Tourette syndrome. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010;19:755–64.
14. , , , et al. Are perinatal complications relevant to the manifestations of ADD? Issues of comorbidity and familiarity. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993;32:1032–7.
15. , , , . Adult ADHD and AIDS. Am J Psychiatry. 1995;157:1100.
16. , , The female and the fragile X syndrome: data on clinical and psychological findings in 7 fra (x) carriers. Clin Genet. 1990;37:341–6.
17. , , et al. Psychological problems in children with bedwetting and combined (day and night) wetting: A UK population-based study. J Pediatr Psychol. 2007;32:650.
18. , , , et al. Prevalence of enuresis and its association with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder among U.S. children: results from a nationally representative study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2009;48:35–41.
19. , , , et al. Psychological differences between children with and without soiling problems. Pediatrics. 2006;117:1575–84.
20. , Absence seizures. In: , , eds. Pediatric Epilepsy: Diagnosis and Treatment, 2nd edn. New York, NY: Demos Publications. 1999.
21. , . Epilepsy syndromes and their prognosis. In: , , eds. The Surgical Management of Epilepsy. New York, NY: Demos Publications. 1991.
22. , , . Absence seizures in children: clinical and electrographic features. Ann Neurol. 1987;21:268–73.
23. , , , . Clinical and electroencephalographic characteristics of a cohort of patients with epilepsy and absence seizures. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2009;67:986–94.
24. . Tourette syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2001;341:1184–92.
25. , . Tourette’s syndrome and attention deficit disorder. In: , , , eds. Tourette’s Syndrome and Tic Disorders: Clinical Understanding and Treatment. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons. 1988; 119–35.
26. , , , , . First-onset tics in patients with attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder: impact of stimulants. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2006;48:616–21.
27. , , , et al. Disentangling the overlap between Tourette’s disorder and ADHD. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1998;39:1037–44.
28. , . The clinical features of Tourette’s disorder: an Australian study using a structured interview schedule. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 1994;28:313–18.
29. , , , et al. Psychosocial outcome and psychiatric comorbidity in older adolescents with Tourette syndrome: controlled study. Br J Psychiatry. 2010;197:36–44.
30. , , , et al. Pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infections: clinical description of the first 50 cases. Am J Psychiatry. 1998;155:264–71.
31. , , . Sleep and ADHD. Sleep Med. 2010;11:652–8.
32. . A clinical overview of sleep and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. J Can Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2009;18:92–102.
33. , , , et al. Restless legs syndrome and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a review of the literature. Sleep. 2005;28:1007–13.
34. , , , , . Sleep problems in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: impact of subtype, comorbidity, and stimulant medication. J Am Acad Child Psychol. 1999;38:1285–93.
35. . Unraveling sleep problems in treated and untreated children with ADHD. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 1999;9:157–68.
36. , , , et al. A dose-response study of OROS methylphenidate in children and adolescents with ADHD. Pediatrics. 2003;112:e404.
37. , , . ADHD treatments, sleep, and sleep problems: complex associations. Neurotherapeutics. 2012;9:509–17.
38. . Narcolepsy in adolescents. Adolesc Med State Art Rev. 2010;21:542–55.
39. , , , et al. Clinical and therapeutic aspects of childhood narcolepsy-cataplexy: a retrospective study of 51 children. Sleep. 2010;33:1457–64.
40. , , , . Serum ferritin and amphetamine response in youth with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2010;20:495–502.
41. , , , . Iron deficiency in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004;158:1113–15.
42. , , , et al. Impact of restless legs syndrome and iron deficiency on attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children. Sleep Med. 2007;8:711–15.
43. , , , et al. Effects of iron supplementation on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. Pediatr Neurol. 2008;38:20–6.
44. , , , et al. Brain iron levels in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: a pilot MRI study. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2012;13:223–31.
45. , , , et al. Previous adult attention-deficit and hyperactivity disorder symptoms and risk of dementia with Lewy bodies: a case-control study. Eur J Neurol. 2011;18:78–84.
46. , . Presentation and management of psychosis in Parkinson’s disease and dementia with Lewy Bodies. Am J Psychiatry. 2007;164:1491–8.
47. , . Thyroid function and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. In: , , , , eds. Attention Deficits and Hyperactivity in Children and Adults, New York, NY: Marcel Dekker. 1999; 419–30.
48. , , , et al. Maternal thyroid deficiency during pregnancy and subsequent neuropsychological development of the child. N Engl J Med. 1999;341:549–55.
49. , , , . Effects of thyroxine as compared with thyroxine plus triiodothyronine in patients with hypothyroidism. N Engl J Med. 1999;340:424–9.
50. , . Resistance to thyroid hormone. In: , ed. Molecular Genetics of Endocrine Disorders. London: Chapman & Hill. 1997; 85–122.
51. , , . The syndromes of resistance to thyroid hormone. Endocr Rev. 1993;14:348–99.
52. , , . Neurocognitive characteristics of individuals with resistance to thyroid hormone: comparisons to individuals with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder only. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 1995;16:406–11.
53. , , , , . ADHD and thyroid abnormalities: a research note. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1995;35:878–85.
54. , , , et al. Low intelligence but not attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is associated with resistance to thyroid hormone caused by mutation R316H in the thyroid hormone receptor beta gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994;78:1525–8.
55. , , , et al. Genetic and clinical features of 42 kindreds with resistance to thyroid hormone. The National Institutes of Health Prospective Study. Ann Intern Med. 1995;123:572–83.
56. , , . Behavior effects of liothyronine (L-T3) in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in the presence of an absence of resistance to thyroid hormone. Thyroid. 1997;7:389–93.
57. , , . Hyperactivity, impaired learning on a vigilance task, and a differential response to methylphenidate in the TRbetaPV knock-in mouse. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005;181: 53–63.
58. , , , , . Transgenic mice expressing a human mutant β1 thyroid receptor are hyperactive, impulsive, and inattentive. Genes Brain Behav. 2006;5:282–97.
59. , , , , . The function of hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis in children with ADHD. Brain Res. 2010;1368:159–62.
60. , , , et al. Cortisol reactivity in boys with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and disruptive behavior problems: the impact of callous unemotional traits. Psychiatry Res. 2011;187(1–2):204–9.
61. , , . Increased cortisol after stress is associated with variability in response time in ADHD children. Yonsei Med J. 2010;51(2):206–11.