1. Schizophrenia genetics: The search for a hard lead. Current Opinion in Psychiatry 2008;21:157–60.
2. , and Schizophrenia as a complex trait: Evidence from a meta-analysis of twin studies. Archives of General Psychiatry 2003;60:1187–92.
3. . The genetics of schizophrenia. PLoS Medicine 2005;2:e212.
4. , , , and . Meta-analysis of genetic association studies supports a contribution of common variants to susceptibility to common disease. Nature Genetics 2003;33:177–82.
5. . Commentary: Grading the credibility of molecular evidence for complex diseases. International Journal of Epidemiology 2006;35:572–8; discussion 593–6.
6. , , , et al. Genome scan meta-analysis of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. II: Schizophrenia. American Journal of Human Genetics 2003;73:34–48.
7. , and . Meta-analysis shows strong positive association of the neuregulin 1 (NRG1) gene with schizophrenia. Human Molecular Genetics 2006;15:1995–2002.
8. , , , et al. Neuregulin 1 and susceptibility to schizophrenia. American Journal of Human Genetics 2002;71:877–92.
9. , , , et al. Genetic variation in the 6p22.3 gene DTNBP1, the human ortholog of the mouse dysbindin gene, is associated with schizophrenia. American Journal of Human Genetics 2002;71:337–48.
10. , , , et al. Disruption of two novel genes by a translocation co-segregating with schizophrenia. Human Molecular Genetics 2000;9:1415–23.
11. , , , et al. A common variant in the FTO gene is associated with body mass index and predisposes to childhood and adult obesity. Science 2007;316:889–94.
12. and . The future of genetic studies of complex human diseases. Science 1996;273:1516–7.
13. . Genome-wide association studies provide new insights into type 2 diabetes aetiology. Nature Reviews. Genetics 2007;8:657–62.
14. , , , et al. Genomewide association for schizophrenia in the CATIE study: Results of stage 1. Molecular Psychiatry 2008;13:570–84.
15. , , , et al. Converging evidence for a pseudoautosomal cytokine receptor gene locus in schizophrenia. Molecular Psychiatry 2007;12:572–80.
16. , , , et al. A genome-wide association study in 574 schizophrenia trios using DNA pooling. Molecular Psychiatry 2009;14:796–803.
17. , , , et al. Genome-wide association identifies a common variant in the reelin gene that increases the risk of schizophrenia only in women. PLoS Genetics 2008;4:e28.
18. , , , et al. The National Institute of Mental Health Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) project: Schizophrenia trial design and protocol development. Schizophrenia Bulletin 2003;29:15–31.
19. , , , et al. Effectiveness of antipsychotic drugs in patients with chronic schizophrenia. New England Journal of Medicine 2005;353:1209–23.
20. , and . The positive and negative syndrome scale (PANSS) for schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin 1987;13:261–76.
21. , , , et al. NCAM1 and neurocognition in schizophrenia. Biological Psychiatry 2007;61:902–10.
22. . Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 1994.
23. , , and . Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I Disorders–Administration Booklet. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Press Inc; 1994.
24. , , and Sullivan PF. Is rs7566605, a SNP near INSIG2, associated with body mass in a randomized clinical trial of antipsychotics in schizophrenia? Molecular Psychiatry 2007;12:321–2.
25. , , , et al. A common genetic variant is associated with adult and childhood obesity. Science 2006;312:279–83.
26. , , , et al. AKT1 and neurocognition in schizophrenia. The Austrailian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 2007;41:169–77.
27. , , , et al. Ethnic stratification of the association of RGS4 variants with antipsychotic treatment response in schizophrenia. Biological Psychiatry 2008;63:32–41.
28. , , , , and . Association of RGS2 and RGS5 variants with schizophrenia symptom severity. Schizophrenia Research 2008;101:67–75.
29. , , , , and The neuregulin 1 promoter polymorphism rs6994992 is not associated with chronic schizophrenia or neurocognition. American Journal of Medical Genetics. Part B, Neuropsychiatric Genetics 2008;147B:1298–300.
30. , , , et al. A neuregulin 1 variant associated with abnormal cortical function and psychotic symptoms. Nature Neuroscience 2006;9:1477–8.
31. , , , et al. Neuregulin 1 transcripts are differentially expressed in schizophrenia and regulated by 5′ SNPs associated with the disease. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2006;103:6747–52.
32. , , et al. Genetic determinants of variable metabolism have little impact on the clinical use of leading antipsychotics in the CATIE study. Genetics in Medicine 2008;10:720–9.
33. , , and . Association mapping in structured populations. American Journal of Human Genetics 2000;67:170–81.
34. . A tutorial on statistical methods for population association studies. Nature Reviews. Genetics 2006;7:781–91.
35. , , , et al. Identification of the semaphorin receptor PLXNA2 as a candidate for susceptibility to schizophrenia. Molecular Psychiatry 2006;11:471–8.
36. , , , et al. Haplotype transmission analysis provides evidence of association for DISC1 to schizophrenia and suggests sex-dependent effects. Human Molecular Genetics 2003;12:3151–9.
37. , , , et al. Association of DISC1/TRAX haplotypes with schizophrenia, reduced prefrontal gray matter, and impaired short- and long-term memory. Archives of General Psychiatry 2005;62:1205–13.
38. , , , et al. A highly significant association between a COMT haplotype and schizophrenia. American Journal of Human Genetics 2002;71:1296–302.
39. , , , et al. New models of collaboration in genome-wide association studies: The Genetic Association Information Network. Nature Genetics 2007;39:1045–51.
40. and . Evaluating coverage of genome-wide association studies. Nature Genetics 2006;38:659–62.
41. . Nature 2007;447:661–78.
42. . Spurious genetic associations. Biological Psychiatry 2007;61:1121–16.
43. , and Schizophrenia: A common disease caused by multiple rare alleles. Br J Psychiatry 2007;190:194–9.