1. , , , Obesity in general elective surgery. Lancet 2003; 361: 2032–2035.
2. Postoperative nausea and vomiting with application of postoperative continuous positive airway pressure after laparoscopic gastric bypass. Obes Surg 2010; 20: 876–880.
3. , , et al. Noninvasive ventilation immediately after extubation improves lung function in morbidly obese patients with obstructive sleep apnea undergoing laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Anesth Analg 2010; 110: 1360–1365.
4. , , , Boussignac CPAP in the postoperative period in morbidly obese patients. Obes Surg 2007; 17: 452–456.
5. , , et al. Preinductive use of clonidine and ketamine improves recovery and reduces postoperative pain after bariatric surgery. Surg Obes Relat Dis 2009; 5: 67–71.
6. , , et al. A randomized trial of bupivacaine pain pumps to eliminate the need for patient controlled analgesia pumps in primary laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Obes Surg 2007; 17: 595–600.
7. , , et al. Efficacy of ketoroloac in lieu of narcotics in the operative management of laparoscopic surgery for morbid obesity. Surg Obes Relat Dis 2005; 1: 530–535.
8. , , , Anesthesia for a patient with morbid obesity using dexmedetomidine without narcotics. Can J Anaesth 2005; 52: 176–180.
9. Risk factors for postoperative nausea and vomiting. Anesth Analg 2006; 102: 1884–1898.
10. , , et al. An increased body mass index is no risk factor for postoperative nausea and vomiting. A systematic review and results of original data. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2001; 45: 160–166.
11. , Postoperative nausea and vomiting. Its etiology, treatment, and prevention. Anesthesiology 1992; 77: 162–184.
12. , , , Dexamethasone for postoperative nausea and vomiting prophylaxis: effect on glycaemia in obese patients with impaired glucose tolerance. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2009; 26: 318–321.
13. , , , Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis for patients undergoing bariatric surgery: a systematic review. Surg Obes Relat Dis 2010; 6: 213–220.
14. , , et al. Perioperative safety in the longitudinal assessment of bariatric surgery. N Engl J Med 2009; 361: 445–454.
15. , , et al. Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism using two different doses of low-molecular-weight heparin (nadroparin) in bariatric surgery: a prospective randomized trial. Obes Surg 2001; 11: 670–676.
16. 3rd, , et al. Long-term outcome of inferior vena cava filter placement in patients undergoing gastric bypass. Ann Vasc Surg 2010; 24: 946–949.
17. , , et al. Preoperative placement of inferior vena cava filters and outcomes after gastric bypass surgery. Ann Surg 2010; 252: 313–318.
18. , , Post-operative rhabdomyolysis. In Morbid Obesity: Peri- operative Management, 2nd edition. , , , (Eds.), pp. 173–181. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
19. , , et al. Rhabdomyolysis after bariatric surgery by Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a prospective study. Obes Surg 2009; 19: 1102–1107.
20. , , et al. Intraoperative fluid replacement and postoperative creatine phosphokinase levels in laparoscopic bariatric patients. Obes Surg 2010; 20: 698–701.
21. , , et al. High mortality rate for patients requiring intensive care after surgical revision following bariatric surgery. Obes Surg 2008; 18: 171–178.
22. Complications of bariatric surgery. Surg Clin N Am 2005; 85: 853–868.
23. , , Ventilatory strategies during anesthesia. In Morbid Obesity: Peri-operative Management, 2nd edition. , , , (Eds.), pp. 124–137. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
24. , , , , Evaluation of dexmedetomidine versus propofol-based sedation therapy in mechanically ventilated cardiac surgery patients at a tertiary academic medical center. Crit Pathw Cardiol 2010; 9: 221–226.
25. , , et al. The impact of obesity on outcomes after critical illness: a meta-analysis. Intensive Care Med 2009; 35: 1152–1170.