1. , , et al. Update on best practice recommendations for anesthetic perioperative care and pain management in weight loss surgery, 2004–2007. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2009; 17: 889–894.
2. , , et al. Best practice recommendations for anesthetic perioperative care and pain management in weight loss surgery. Obes Res 2005; 13: 254–266.
3. , , , , Effect of prolonged pneumoperitoneum on intraoperative urine output during laparoscopic gastric bypass. J Am Coll Surg 2002; 195: 476–483.
4. , , , , Depth of anaesthesia monitoring in obese patients: a randomized study of propofol-remifentanil. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2009; 53: 369–375.
5. , , et al. The predisposition to inspiratory upper airway collapse during partial neuromuscular blockade. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2007; 175: 9–15.
6. , , , Intra-abdominal pressure and the morbidly obese patients: the effect of body mass index. J Trauma 2010; 69: 78–83.
7. , , et al. Morbid obesity and postoperative pulmonary atelectasis: an underestimated problem. Anesth Analg 2002; 95: 1788–1792.
8. , , Obesity and its effect on survival in patients undergoing orthotopic liver transplantation in the United States. Hepatology 2002; 35: 105–109.
9. , , , Effects of obesity, diabetes, and prior abdominal surgery on resource utilization in liver transplantation: a single-center study. Liver Transpl 2009; 15: 1519–1524.
10. , , , , The influence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and its associated comorbidities on liver transplant outcomes. J Clin Gastroenterol 2011; 45: 372–378.
11. , , et al. Liver resection in obese patients: results of a case-control study. HPB (Oxford) 2011; 13: 103–111.
12. , , The impact of body mass index on renal transplant outcomes: a significant independent risk factor for graft failure and patient death. Transplantation 2002; 73: 70–74.
13. , , et al. The relationship between hospital volume and outcome in bariatric surgery at academic medical centers. Ann Surg 2004; 240: 586–593.
14. , , et al. Simple measurement of intra-abdominal fat for abdominal surgery outcome prediction. Arch Surg 2010; 145: 1069–1073.
15. , , et al. Impact of body mass index on perioperative outcomes in patients undergoing major intra-abdominal cancer surgery. Ann Surg Oncol 2008; 15: 2164–2172.
16. Laparoscopic total abdominal hysterectomy in morbidly obese women: a pilot-phase report. J Reprod Med 1999; 44: 853–858.
17. , , et al. Obesity decreases perioperative tissue oxygenation. Anesthesiology 2004; 100: 274–280.
18. , , et al. High mortality rate for patients requiring intensive care after surgical revision following bariatric surgery. Obes Surg 2008; 18: 171–178.