1. Endarterectomy for Moderate Symptomatic Carotid Stenosis: Interim Results from the MRC European Carotid Surgery Trial. Lancet 1996; 3447: 1591–3.
2. , , . A systematic review of the risks of stroke and death due to endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid stenosis. Stroke 1996; 27: 260–5.
3. , , , et al. Risk factors for perioperative myocardial ischemia in carotid artery endarterectomy. J Cardiothor Vasc Anesthesia 2004; 18: 288–92.
4. , , . Superficial or deep cervical plexus block for carotid endarterectomy: A systematic review of complications. Br J Anaesth 2007; 99: 159–69.
5. , , , et al. Regional anaesthesia for carotid endarterectomy: An audit over 10 years. Br J Anaesth 2007; 99: 415–20.
6. , , , et al. Accuracy of cerebral monitoring in detecting cerebral ischemia during carotid endarterectomy: A comparison of transcranial Doppler sonography, near-infrared spectroscopy, stump pressure, and somatosensory evoked potentials. Anesthesiology 2007; 107: 563–9.
7. , . Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007; 2: CD002945.
8. , , , et al. The effect of patient transfer on outcomes after rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Can J Surg 2007; 50: 43–7.
9. , , , et al. Immediate versus delayed fluid resuscitation for hypotensive patients with penetrating torso injuries. N Engl J Med 1994; 331: 1105–9.
10. , , , et al. Survival after ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm: Effect of patient, surgeon, and hospital factors. J Vasc Surg 2004; 39: 1253–60.
11. . The pathophysiology of aortic cross-clamping and unclamping. Anaesthesiology 1995; 82: 1026–60.
12. , , , et al. Pulmonary edema after aneurysm surgery is modified by mannitol. Ann Surg 1989; 210: 796–801.
13. , , , et al. A multiantioxidant supplementation reduces damage from ischemia reperfusion in patients after lower torso ischemia. A randomised trial. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2002; 23: 486–90.
14. , , , et al. Can renal dysfunction after infra-renal aortic aneurysm repair be modified by multi-antioxidant supplementation? J Cardiovasc Surg 2002; 43: 483–8.
15. . Spinal cord ischemia after abdominal aortic operation: Is it preventable? J Vasc Surg 1999; 30: 391–9.
16. , , . Regional anaesthesia for endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms. J Endovasc Surg 1997; 4: 56–61.
17. , , , et al. Morphometry and classification in abdominal aortic aneurysms: Patient selection for endovascular and open surgery. J Endovasc Surg 1997; 4: 39–44.
18. . Endovascular aneurysm repair and outcome in patients unfit for open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm (EVAR trial 2): Randomized controlled trial. Lancet 2005; 365: 2187–92.
19. . Endovascular aneurysm repair versus open repair in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm (EVAR trial 1): randomized controlled trial. Lancet 2005; 365: 2179–86.
20. , , , et al. Improved survival after introduction of an emergency endovascular therapy protocol for ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg 2007; 45: 443–50.