- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0040-5574 (Print), 1475-4533 (Online)
- Editors: Brandi Wilkins Catanese University of California, Berkeley, USA, and La Donna L. Forsgren University of Notre Dame, USA
- Editorial board
A statement from the editorial team
"Theatre Survey stands in solidarity with those protesting the ongoing violence and racism enacted against Black people in the United States, Canada, and elsewhere in the world. As an editorial team, we strive to enact antiracist principles in our stewardship of the journal by, among other things, increasing our efforts to spotlight Black lives, voices, and perspectives. In response to the wider call to share resources, Theatre Survey is 'ungating' several recent articles by Black scholars on Black theatre and performance history. You can access these on the right. The editorial team has important work ahead and we are committed to doing this work. Black Lives Matter."
Brandi Wilkins Catanese (Editor), La Donna L. Forsgren (Associate Editor), Donovan Sherman (Book Review Editor)
- 07 September 2022,
- In our next issue, TDR is publishing two significant essays in the TDR Comments section of the journal: “A Letter from Moscow” by a scholar who lives there;...
- 16 June 2022,
- Antiwar activists carve “no to war” in frozen rivers, spray-paint slogans of peace in the snow. They scrawl on banknotes, putting their opposition into circulation....
- 01 March 2022,
- We live in an era of absence. Lockdowns, quarantines, hospitals, and face masks: fear of contamination disappears the body from public space and discourse.…...