- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0040-5574 (Print), 1475-4533 (Online)
- Editors: Brandi Wilkins Catanese University of California, Berkeley, USA, and La Donna L. Forsgren University of Notre Dame, USA
- Editorial board
A statement from the editorial team
"Theatre Survey stands in solidarity with those protesting the ongoing violence and racism enacted against Black people in the United States, Canada, and elsewhere in the world.
"As an editorial team, we strive to enact antiracist principles in our stewardship of the journal by, among other things, increasing our efforts to spotlight Black lives, voices, and perspectives. In response to the wider call to share resources, Theatre Survey is 'ungating' several recent articles by Black scholars on Black theatre and performance history. You can access these on the right.
"The editorial team has important work ahead and we are committed to doing this work. Black Lives Matter."
Brandi Wilkins Catanese, Editor
La Donna L. Forsgren, Associate Editor
Donovan Sherman, Book Review Editor
- 01 June 2021,
- Since the mid-19th century, Western drama has spread to most parts of the non-Western world. In some places it has gradually replaced the indigenous theatre;...
- 18 March 2021,
- When writing about the uncertain future of contact improvisation during the summer and fall of 2020, in the wake of Nancy Stark Smith’s passing, I noted that...
- 04 March 2021,
- Gretchen E. Minton's new blog discusses the context of her recent article ‘Ecological Adaptation in Montana: Timon of Athens to Timon of Anaconda’ - out now...