- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 1598-2408 (Print), 2234-6643 (Online)
- Editor: Thomas Pepinsky Cornell University, USA
- Editorial board
The Journal of East Asian Studies is devoted to publishing cutting edge social science on East and Southeast Asia. The journal is interested in work that combines theory, novel empirical contributions, and substantive engagement with the major issues facing the region. The JEAS publishes primarily in the fields of comparative politics and international relations, encompassing as well the fields of political economy and security studies. We also welcome interdisciplinary work and contributions from sociology, applied economics, business studies, and area studies as well. The journal is also open to roundtables on important new books on the region, review essays and shorter research notes. SSCI indexed, the journal prides itself on a strong peer-review process.
Video: A New Penal Populism? Rodrigo Duterte, Public Opinion, and the War on Drugs in the Philippines
Cambridge to publish a new flagship journal in the fast-growing field of Pakistan studies
- 25 July 2022,
- Critical Pakistan Studies will be the first international journal devoted to the study of Pakistan and its peopleJournal will be interdisciplinary and open Cambridge University Press is to publish the world’s first international journal devoted to the study of Pakistan and its people.…...
The Russia-Ukraine war and the European Response: Transformative change or more of the same?
- 27 May 2022,
- The European Union (EU) has been hit by a series of crises in the past two decades testing its sense of solidarity and institutional design, namely the 2008...
Climate, Courts and Indian Moneylenders
- 08 June 2023,
- The evil moneylender exploiting the vulnerable borrower is a recurring genre in popular fiction. Oliver Twist depicts moneylenders as crooked gangsters operating The post Climate, Courts and Indian Moneylenders first appeared on Fifteen Eighty Four | Cambridge University Press....
THE GLOBALISATION OF CONTRACT LAWS AND THE RISE OF MIDDLE EASTERN LEGAL SYSTEMS
- 08 June 2023,
- Sophisticated legal systems compete with each other at a variety of levels. The prevalence of choice of law and choice of forum clauses favouring one state The post THE GLOBALISATION OF CONTRACT LAWS AND THE RISE OF MIDDLE EASTERN LEGAL SYSTEMS first appeared on Fifteen Eighty Four | Cambridge University Press....
Video: Explaining Elections in Singapore: Dominant Party Resilience and Valence Politics
Twitter - Politics