- ISSN: 0021-9118 (Print), 1752-0401 (Online)
- Editor: Vinayak Chaturvedi University of California, Irvine, USA
- Editorial board
The Journal of Asian Studies (JAS) has played a defining role in the field of Asian studies for over 75 years. JAS publishes the very best empirical and multidisciplinary work on Asia, spanning the arts, history, literature, the social sciences, and cultural studies. Experts around the world turn to this quarterly journal for the latest in-depth scholarship on Asia's past and present, for its extensive book reviews, and for its state-of-the-field essays on established and emerging topics. With coverage reaching from South and Southeast Asia to China, Inner Asia, and Northeast Asia, JAS welcomes broad comparative and transnational studies as well as essays emanating from fine-grained historical, cultural, political, and literary research. The journal also publishes clusters of papers that present new and vibrant discussions on specific themes and issues.
JAS on Facebook
- 07 May 2021,
- 1. Crypto is the Data Money, Blockchain is the Accounting System It is wrong to think that Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum are mere digital monies.…...
- 03 April 2021,
- After decades of progressive reforms, since the early 2010s, Turkey has enacted a series of rollbacks on women’s rights and gender equality.…
- 31 March 2021,
- Frederik Unseld is a Ph.D. candidate at the Institute for Social Anthropology at the University of Basel, Switzerland. His Ph.D. focuses on artists in the context...
- 12 May 2021,
- Amidst surges of right- and left-wing populisms—from Trumpian Tea Parties to Black Lives Matter—one cannot avoid hearing accusations that one or another opponent...
- 12 May 2021,
- In a passage of A Room of One’s Own, Virginia Woolf reported that Italian men of letters had expressed their hope – in a telegram to il Duce Benito Mussolini...
- 11 May 2021,
- The atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 are often understood in dichotomy: Americans as those who used the bombs, the Japanese as those affected....