- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0003-1615 (Print), 1533-6247 (Online)
- Editor: John F. Schwaller University at Albany, SUNY, USA
- Editorial board
Founded in 1944, The Americas has become one of the principal journals of Latin American history. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles and reviews about all geographical regions of Latin America including the Caribbean, reflecting a wide variety of methodological orientations. The journal welcomes works dealing with comparative and transnational themes within the region, and ones that address critical issues with new perspectives and methods. While submissions from all types of specialists are welcome, works by new voices are especially encouraged.
Scott Cave, Winner of the 2018 Tibesar Prize
The 2018 Tibesar Prize from the Conference on Latin American History and The Americas has been awarded to Scott Cave for his ground-breaking article (Madalena: The Entangled History of One Indigenous Floridian Woman in the Atlantic World). Read the 'best article' in The Americas from the previous year for free here!
- 02 June 2021,
- The African Union (AU) declared 2019 the Year of Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons: Towards Durable Solutions to Forced Displacement in Africa.…...
- 07 May 2021,
- 1. Crypto is the Data Money, Blockchain is the Accounting System It is wrong to think that Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum are mere digital monies.…...
- 03 April 2021,
- After decades of progressive reforms, since the early 2010s, Turkey has enacted a series of rollbacks on women’s rights and gender equality.…
- 18 June 2021,
- What if fines could be adjusted not only to the severity of the offense, but also to the income of the offender? What if the rich pay a higher fine than the...
- 17 June 2021,
- In 1829, Ohio’s state legislators made an announcement that reverberated through African American communities across the nation. Responding to white discomfort...
- 16 June 2021,
- We lament deaths that shorten great careers, as with Mary Wollstonecraft or John Keats. We puzzle over decisions to abandon success. Shakespeare retired to...