1. . An Organisation with a Memory: Report of an Expert Advisory Group on Learning from Adverse Events in the NHS. London: The Stationery Office, 2000.
2. . Safer Childbirth: Minimum Standards for the Organisation and Delivery of Care in Labour. London: RCOG, 2007.
3. . Standards for Maternity Care. Report of a Working Party. London: RCOG Press, 2008.
5. , , et al. Effects of teamwork training on adverse outcomes and process of care in labour and delivery: a randomised control trial. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 109: 48–55.
6. . Maternity Dashboard: Clinical Performance and Governance Scorecard. Good Practice No. 7. London: RCOG, 2008.
7. . Saving Mothers' Lives: Reviewing Maternal Deaths to make Motherhood Safer – 2006–2008. The Eighth Report on Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 2011; 118 (Suppl. 1): 1–208.
8. . Embedding quality improvement and patient safety at Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2007; 21 (4): 593–607.
9. . Improving Patient Safety: Risk Management for Maternity and Gynaecology. Clinical Governance Advice No. 2. London: RCOG, 2009.
11. . Safer Practice in Intrapartum Care Project Care Bundles. London: RCOG, 2010.
12. . Intrapartum Care: Management and Delivery of Care to Women in Labour. Clinical Guideline No. 55. London: NICE, 2007.
13. . Clinical Negligence Scheme for Trusts: Maternity Clinical Risk Management Standards Version 1. 2010/11
14. , . Systems analysis of clinical incidents: the London protocol. Clin Risk 2004; 10: 211–220.