- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: November 2018
- Print publication year: 2019
- Online ISBN: 9781316221730
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781316221730
Can firms and economies utilize global value chains for development? How can they move from low-income to middle-income and even high-income status? This book addresses these questions through a series of case studies examining upgradation and innovation by firms operating in GVCs in Asia. The countries examined are China, India, South Korea, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka, with studies of firms operating in varied sectors - aerospace components, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics including mobile phones, telecom equipment, IT software and services, and pharmaceuticals.
Barbara Harriss-White - University of Oxford
Raphael Kaplinsky - University of Sussex
William Milberg - The New School for Social Research, New York
Yvette To Source: Journal of Contemporary Asia
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.