1. Mozaffarian, D, Benjamin, EJ, Go, AS, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics--2015 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2015;131(4):e29-e322.
2. Global Burden of Disease Study Collaborators. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2015;386(9995):743-800.
3. Bradley, EH, Nallamothu, BK, Herrin, J, et al. National efforts to improve door-to-balloon time results from the Door-to-Balloon Alliance. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;54(25):2423-2429.
4. Krumholz, HM, Bradley, EH, Nallamothu, BK, et al. A campaign to improve the timeliness of primary percutaneous coronary intervention: Door-to-Balloon: An Alliance for Quality. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2008;1(1):97-104.
5. Bates, ER, Jacobs, AK. Time to treatment in patients with STEMI. NEJM. 2013;369(10):889-892.
6. Menees, DS, Peterson, ED, Wang, Y, et al. Door-to-balloon time and mortality among patients undergoing primary PCI. NEJM. 2013;369(10):901-909.
7. Nallamothu, BK, Normand, SL, Wang, Y, et al. Relation between door-to-balloon times and mortality after primary percutaneous coronary intervention over time: a retrospective study. Lancet. 2015;385(9973):1114-1122.
8. Nam, J, Caners, K, Bowen, JM, Welsford, M, O’Reilly, D. Systematic review and meta-analysis of the benefits of out-of-hospital 12-lead ECG and advance notification in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients. Ann Emerg Med. 2014;64(2):176-186.
9. Adams, G, Abusaid, G, Lee, B, et al. From theory to practice: implementation of prehospital electrocardiogram transmission in ST-elevation myocardial infarction - a multicenter experience. J Invasive Cardiol. 2010;22(11):520-525.
10. Bosson, N, Kaji, AH, Niemann, JT, et al. The utility of prehospital ECG transmission in a large EMS system. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2015;19(4):496-503.
11. Eckstein, M, Koenig, W, Kaji, A, Tadeo, R. Implementation of specialty centers for patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2009;13(2):215-222.
12. Afolabi, BA, Novaro, GM, Pinski, SL, Fromkin, KR, Bush, HS. Use of the prehospital ECG improves door-to-balloon times in ST segment elevation myocardial infarction irrespective of time of day or day of week. Emerg Med J. 2007;24(8):588-591.
13. Kawakami, S, Tahara, Y, Noguchi, T, et al. Time to reperfusion in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients with vs. without prehospital mobile telemedicine 12-lead electrocardiogram transmission. Circ J. 2016;80(7):1624-1633.
14. Brown, JP, Mahmud, E, Dunford, JV, Ben-Yehuda, O. Effect of prehospital 12-lead electrocardiogram on activation of the cardiac catheterization laboratory and door-to-balloon time in ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2008;101(2):158-161.
15. Cheskes, S, Turner, L, Foggett, R, et al. Paramedic contact to balloon in less than 90 minutes: a successful strategy for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction bypass to primary percutaneous coronary intervention in a Canadian emergency medical system. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2011;15(4):490-498.
16. Dhruva, VN, Abdelhadi, SI, Anis, A, et al. ST-segment analysis using wireless technology in acute myocardial infarction (STAT-MI) trial. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;50(6):509-513.
17. Diercks, DB, Kontos, MC, Chen, AY, et al. Utilization and impact of prehospital electrocardiograms for patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: data from the NCDR (National Cardiovascular Data Registry) ACTION (Acute Coronary Treatment and Intervention Outcomes Network) Registry. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53(2):161-166.
18. Kerem, Y, Eastvold, JS, Faragoi, D, Strasburger, D, Motzny, SE, Kulstad, EB. The role of prehospital electrocardiograms in the recognition of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctions and reperfusion times. J Emerg Med. 2014;46(2):202-207.
19. Squire, BT, Tamayo-Sarver, JH, Rashi, P, Koenig, W, Niemann, JT. Effect of prehospital cardiac catheterization lab activation on door-to-balloon time, mortality, and false-positive activation. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2014;18(1):1-8.
20. Zanini, R, Aroldi, M, Bonatti, S, et al. Impact of prehospital diagnosis in the management of ST elevation myocardial infarction in the era of primary percutaneous coronary intervention: reduction of treatment delay and mortality. J Cardiovasc Med. 2008;9(6):570-575.
21. Sanchez-Ross, M, Oghlakian, G, Maher, J, et al. The STAT-MI (ST-segment analysis using wireless technology in acute myocardial infarction) trial improves outcomes. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2011;4(2):222-227.
22. Sorensen, JT, Terkelsen, CJ, Norgaard, BL, et al. Urban and rural implementation of prehospital diagnosis and direct referral for primary percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Eur Heart J. 2011;32(4):430-436.
23. Ting, HH, Krumholz, HM, Bradley, EH, et al. Implementation and integration of prehospital ECGs into systems of care for acute coronary syndrome: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Interdisciplinary Council on Quality of Care and Outcomes Research, Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee, Council on Cardiovascular Nursing, and Council on Clinical Cardiology. Circulation. 2008;118(10):1066-1079.
24. Kruth, P, Zeymer, U, Gitt, A, et al. Influence of presentation at the weekend on treatment and outcome in ST-elevation myocardial infarction in hospitals with catheterization laboratories. Clin Res Cardiol. 2008;97(10):742-747.
26. Fakhri, Y, Sejersten, M, Schoos, MM, et al. Algorithm for the automatic computation of the modified Anderson-Wilkins acuteness score of ischemia from the prehospital ECG in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. J Electrocardiol. 2017;50(1):97-101.