1. Sanders, AB, Criss, E, Steck, P et al. : An analysis of medical care at mass gatherings. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:17–21.
2. Cordell, WH: Mass-gathering medical care and research at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 1993;8:S154.
3. Boyle, MF, De Lorenzo, RA, Garrison, R: Physician integration into mass gathering medical care, Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 1993;8:165–168.
4. Buns, LS, Ellison, PA: First aid and emergency care at a major-league baseball stadium. J Emerg Nur 1992;9:329–335.
5. De Lorenzo, RA, Gray, BC, Bennet, PC et al. : Effect of crowd size on patient volume at a large, multipurpose, indoor stadium. J Emerg Med 1989;7:379–384.
6. Thal, ER, Riggs, LM: Community planning for medical support of a national political convention. J Trauma 1988;28:799–803.
7. Chused, TM, Cohn, CK, Schneider, E et al. : Medical care during the November 1969 antiwar demonstrations in Washington, DC. Arch Intern Med 1971;127:67–69.
8. Spaite, DW, Criss, EA, Valenzuela, TD: A new model for providing prehospital medical care in large stadiums. Ann Emerg Med 1988;17:95–98.
9. Pons, PT, Holland, B, Alfrey, E: An advanced emergency medical care system at National Football League games. Ann Emerg Med 1980;9:46–49.
10. Carveth, SW, Reese, HE: A life support unit at the Nebraska Football Stadium, Emergency Medical Services 1972;Jan–Feb:27–34.
11. Kassanoff, I, Whaley, W, Walter, WH et al. : Stadium coronary care JAMA 1972;221:397–399.
12. Vacalias, TD, Blewett, I: An advanced emergency medical care system at the University of Texas Football Stadium. J Am Coll Health 1981;30:145–146.
13. Rose, KD: Emergency medical service for a football stadium. Medical Times 1981;109:58–65.
14. Thomas, DR, Amos, WL: Medical services provided at the 1982 Southern Open Golf Tournament. Am J Sports Med 1984;12:155–158.
15. Thompson, JM, Savoia, G, Powell, G et al. : Level of medical care required for mass gatherings: The XV Winter Olympic Games in Calgary, Canada. Ann Emerg Med 1991;20:78–82.
16. Baker, WM, Simone, BM, Nieman, JT et al. : Special event medical care: The 1984 Los Angeles Olympics experience. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:125–130.
17. Avery, JG, Chitnis, JG, Daly, PJ et al. : Medical Planning for a major event: The Pope's visit to Coventry Airport. 30 May 1982. Br Med J 1982;285:51–53.
18. Schepers, D: The Monterey California papal visit: An emergency services point of view. J Emerg Nur 1988;14:18A–22A.
19. Roydehouse, N: Papal Outdoor Meeting. N Zealand Med J 1987. Letter.
20. Hnatnow, DA, Gordon, DJ: Medical planning for mass gathering: A retrospective review of the San Antonio Papal Mass, Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 1991;6:443–450.
21. Ayres, J, Hignell, AF, Skone, JF: Visit of John Paul II to Cardiff on 2 June 1982. Publ Hlth, Land 1983;97:190–196.
22. Ounanian, LL, Salinas, C, Shear, CL et al. : Medical Care at the 1982 US Festival. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:25–32.
23. Levens, LK, Durham, JE: Pop-music festivals: Some medical aspects. Br Med J 1971;1:218–220.
24. Osier, DC, Shapiro, F, Shapiro, S: Medical services at outdoor festival. Clin Ped 1975;14:390–395.
25. Chapman, KR, Carmichael, FJ, Goode, JE: Medical services for outdoor rock festivals. Can Med Assoc J 1982;126:935–938.
26. Robertson, RR: Planning for public events: An EMS approach, Emergency 1982:39–61.
27. Burns, RS, Lerner, SE, Sexton, PA: Emergency medicine at the Diamond Head Crater Festival. Med J Hawaii 1974;33:331–335.
28. Sexton, PA, Burns, RS, Lerner, SE: Sunshine 75: Rock medicine in the Diamond Head. Med J Hawaii 1975;34:271–275.
29. Gay, GR, Elsenbaumer, R, Newmeyer, JA: A dash of M*A*S*H: The Zep and the dead: Head to head. J Psych Drugs 1972;5:193–203.
30. Schlicht, J, Mitcheson, M, Henry, M: Medical aspects of large outdoor festival Lancet 1972;948–952.
31. Hayman, CR, Standard, RL, Meek, HS et al. : Provision of emergency health care at a rock festival. Med Ann Distr Col 1973;42:229–233.
32. Fulde, GWO, Forster, SL, Preisz, P: Open air rock concert: An organized disaster. Med J Aust 1992;157:820–822.
33. Keeping rock fans well at festival. Med World News 1973: 67–68.
34. Streat, S, McCallum, JA, Boswell, R et al. : Medical services at a music festival, N Zealand Med J 1975;76–80.
35. Farrow, RJ: “Pop” music festivals. Practitioner 1972;208:380–386.
36. Blandford, AG, Dunlop, HA: Glastonbury Fair: Some medical aspects of a rock concert. Practitioner 1972;209:205–211.
37. American College of Emergency Physicians: Provision of Emergency Medical Care for Crowds (information paper), 1990.
38. Whipkey, RR, Paris, PM, Stewart, RD: Emergency care for mass gatherings. Postgraduate Medicine 1984;76:44–52.
39. Dyche, WJ, Felsen, D, Gay, JH: Organizing medical services for large groups in field situations. EMT Journal 1980;4:43–49.
40. American College of Emergency Physicians: Mass gatherings demand careful planning for provision of emergency care. On Line Scientific Assembly News, 13 September, 1994.
41. Weaver, WD, Sutherland, K, Wirkus, MJ et al. : Emergency medical care requirements for large public assemblies and a new strategy for managing cardiac arrest in this setting. Ann Emerg Med 1989;18:73–78.
42. Goldman, B: Spectator events: Medical preparation a must. Can Med Assoc J 1988;138:164–165. Editorial.
43. McCaffery, M: Preparing for the worst: Medical services at the Calgary Olympics. Can Med Assoc J 1988;138:151–156.
44. Brunko, M: Emergency physicians and special events. J Emerg Med 1989;7:405–406. Editorial.
45. Bowdish, GE, Cordell, WH, Bock, HC et al. : Using regression analysis to predict emergency volume at the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. Ann Emerg Med 1992;21:34–37.
46. Franaszek, J: Medical care at mass gatherings. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:148–149. Editorial.
47. Bock, HC, Cordell, WH, Hawk, AC et al. : Demographics of emergency medical care at the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race (1983–1990). Ann Emerg Med 1992;21:38–41.