2. Neumar, RW, Shuster, M, Callaway, CW, et al. 2015 American Heart Association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation. 2015;132(18): suppl 2.
Bobrow, BJ, Eisenberg, MS, Panczyk, M. The Institute of Medicine says it’s time to improve cardiac arrest survival: here’s how. Ann Emerg Med. 2016;67(4):492-495.
4. Hopkins, CL, Burk, C, Moser, S, Meersman, J, Baldwin, C, Youngquist, S. Implementation of pit crew approach and cardiopulmonary resuscitation metrics for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest improves patient survival and neurological outcome. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5(1):e002892.
5. Levy, M, Yost, D, Walker, RG, Scheunemann, E, Mendive, SR. A quality improvement initiative to optimize use of a mechanical chest compression device within a high-performance CPR approach to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest resuscitation. Resuscitation. 2015;92:32-37.
6. Hansen, CM, Kragholm, K, Pearson, DA, et al. Association of bystander and first-responder intervention with survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in North Carolina, 2010-2013. JAMA. 2015;314(3):255-264.
7. Persse, DE, Key, CB, Bradley, RN, Miller, CC, Dhingra, A. Cardiac arrest survival as a function of ambulance deployment strategy in a large urban emergency medical services system. Resuscitation. 2003;59(1):97-104.
8. Eckstein, M, Stratton, SJ, Chan, LS. Cardiac arrest evaluation in Los Angeles: CARE-LA. Ann Emerg Med. 2005;45(5):504-509.
9. Jimenez, CJ, Padro, PP, Garcia, AS, et al. Analysis of the response time to a cardiac arrest in an emergency medical system. Resuscitation. 2012;83(s1):e6.
10. Conway, AB, McDavid, A, Emert, JM, Kudenchuk, PJ, Stubbs, BA, Rea, TD. Impact of building height and volume on cardiac arrest response time. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2016;20(2):212-219.
11. Sladjana, A, Gordana, P, Ana, S. Emergency response time after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Eur J Int Med. 2011;22(4):386-393.
12. Larsen, MP, Eisenberg, MS, Cummins, RO, Hallstrom, AP. Predicting survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a graphic model. Ann Emerg Med. 1993;22(11):1652-1658.
13. Gold, LS, Fahrenbruch, CE, Rea, TD, Eisenberg, MS. The relationship between time to arrival of Emergency Medical Services and survival from out-of-hospital ventricular fibrillation cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2010;81(5):622-625.
14. Song, KJ, Shin, SD, Park, CB, et al. Dispatcher-assisted bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation in a metropolitan city: a before – after population-based study. Resuscitation. 2014;85:34-41.
15. Rea, TD, Eisenberg, MS, Culley, LL, Becker, L. Dispatcher-assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation and survival in cardiac arrest. Circulation. 2001;104(21):2513-2516.
16. Lewis, M, Stubbs, BA, Eisenberg, MS. Dispatcher-assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation: time to identify cardiac arrest and deliver chest compression instructions. Circulation. 2013;128(14):1522-1530.
17. Rasmussen, ES, Nebsbjerg, MA, Krogh, LQ, et al. A novel protocol for dispatcher assisted CPR improves CPR quality and motivation among rescuers—a randomized controlled simulation study. Resuscitation. 2017;110:74-80.
18. Park, SO, Hong, CK, Shin, DH, Lee, JH, Hwang, SY. Efficacy of metronome sound guidance via a phone speaker during dispatcher-assisted compression-only cardiopulmonary resuscitation by an untrained layperson: a randomized controlled simulation study using a mannikin. Emerg Med J. 2013;30(8):657-661.
19. Kim, SE, Lee, SJ, Lee, DH, Lim, JH, Kim, CW. Effects on the quality of compression-only, cardiopulmonary resuscitation performance according to the methods of telephone-assisted instructions of dispatcher by untrained laypersons. Resuscitation. 2013;84(6):e67-e68.
20. Kern, KB, Stickney, RE, Gallison, L, et al. Metronome improves compression and ventilation rates during CPR on a manikin in a randomized trial. Resuscitation. 2010;81(2):206-210.
21. Oh, JH, Lee, SJ, Kim, SE, et al. Effects of audio tone guidance on performance of CPR in simulated cardiac arrest with an advanced airway. Resuscitation. 2008;79(2):273-277.
22. Jantti, H, Silfvast, T, Turpeinen, A, et al. Influence of chest compression rate guidance on the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation performed on manikins. Resuscitation. 2009;80(4):453-457.
23. Park, SO, Hong, CK, Shin, DH, et al. Efficacy of metronome sound guidance via phone speaker during dispatcher-assisted compression-only cardiopulmonary resuscitation by an untrained layperson: a randomized controlled simulation study using a manikin. Emerg Med. 2013;30(8):657-661.
24. R Core Team 2017. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing; Vienna, Austria. https://www.R-project.org/. Accessed September 26, 2017.
25. Kim, SC, Hwang, SO, Cha, KC, et al. A simple audio-visual prompt device can improve CPR performance. J Emerg Med. 2013;44(1):128-134.
26. Chung, TN, Kim, SW, You, JS, et al. The specific effect of metronome guidance on the quality of one-person cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rescuer fatigue. J Emerg Med. 2012;43(6):1049-1054.
27. Hafner, JW, Jou, AC, Wang, H, Bleess, BB, Tham, SK. Death before disco: the effectiveness of a musical metronome in layperson cardiopulmonary resuscitation training. J Emerg Med. 2015;48(1):43-52.
28. Monsieurs, G, DeMelissa, R, Vansteelandt, K, et al. Excessive chest compression rate is associated with insufficient compression depth in prehospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2012;83(11):1319.
29. Bae, J, Chung, TN, Je, SM. Effect of the rate off chest compression familiarized in previous training on the depth of chest compression during metronome-guided cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a randomized crossover trial. BMJ Open. 2016;6:e010873.
30. Stiell, IG, Brown, PB, Nichol, G, et al. What is the optimal chest compression depth during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest resuscitation of adult patients? Circulation. 2014;130(22):1962-1970.