- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 2053-4477 (Print), 2053-4485 (Online)
- Editor: John Heil Washington University in St. Louis, USA, Monash University, AUS and Durham University, UK
- Editorial board
The Journal is pleased to announce a new series, Race and African-American Philosophy, that will be edited by Anita Allen (University of Pennsylvania) and Tommie Shelby (Harvard). The series, like the Journal's established series on Women in the History of Philosophy and Non-Western Philosophies, will feature occasional papers on topics related to perspectives on race and African-American philosophy.
The Journal is committed to publishing papers that break new ground, papers from both early-career and established philosophers, papers on topics that draw from and appeal to diverse philosophical constituencies and traditions, papers that can be appreciated by philosophers not already steeped in the subject matter. We believe that the new series will offer a high-profile platform for wide-ranging scholarship and afford an exciting opportunity for philosophers not currently working on the topics of race and African-American philosophy to benefit from a vibrant area of research they might not otherwise have encountered.
The guest editors have been soliciting papers, and we expect that the first of these will appear during 2021.
- 27 June 2022,
- Environmental Ethics is one of the major fields in applied ethics. Applied ethics as a field in philosophy is rather new. It had its roots in the United States...
- 24 June 2022,
- Having discussed issues of responsibility that come up in the context of structural injustice as well as pathways towards solidarity, for this third post of...
- 24 June 2022,
- Ricardo Friaz is a fifth-year PhD candidate in philosophy at the University of Oregon. His primary research areas are in Latin American philosophy, 19th and...