1. Jemal, A, Siegel, R, Xu, J, Ward, E. Cancer statistics, 2010. CA Cancer J Clin 2010; 60 (5): 277–300.
2. Amin, N, Konski, A A. Intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer is cost effective and improves therapeutic ratio. Expert Rev Pharmacoeconomics Outcomes Res 2012; 12 (4): 447–450.
3. Shaffer, R, Morris, W, Moiseenko, V et al. Volumetric modulated arc therapy and conventional intensity-modulated radiotherapy for simultaneous maximal intraprostatic boost: a planning comparison study. Clin Oncol 2009; 21 (5): 401–407.
4. Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Collaborative Working Group. Intensity-modulated radiotherapy: current status and issues of interest. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2001; 51 (4): 880–914.
5. Plowman, P. Recent London improvements in curative radiation therapy for relevant early prostate cancer. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2008; 1138 (1): 257–266.
6. Otto, K. Volumetric modulated arc therapy: IMRT in a single gantry arc. Med Phys 2008; 35 (1): 310–317.
7. Palma, D, Vollans, E, James, K et al. Volumetric modulated arc therapy for delivery of prostate radiotherapy: comparison with intensity-modulated radiotherapy and three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008; 72 (4): 996–1001.
8. Davidson, M T, Blake, S J, Batchelar, D L, Cheung, P, Mah, K. Assessing the role of volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) relative to IMRT and helical tomotherapy in the management of localized, locally advanced, and post-operative prostate cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011; 80 (5): 1550–1558.
9. Hall, W A, Fox, T H, Jiang, X et al. Treatment efficiency of volumetric modulated arc therapy in comparison with intensity-modulated radiotherapy in the treatment of prostate cancer. J Am Coll Radiol 2013; 10 (2): 128–134.
10. Fontenot, J D, King, M, Johnson, S, Wood, C, Price, M, Lo, K. Single-arc volumetric-modulated arc therapy can provide dose distributions equivalent to fixed-beam intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostatic irradiation with seminal vesicle and/or lymph node involvement. Br J Radiol 2012; 85 (1011): 231–236.
11. Tsai, C, Wu, J, Chao, H, Tsai, Y, Cheng, J C. Treatment and dosimetric advantages between VMAT, IMRT, and helical tomotherapy in prostate cancer. Med Dosim 2011; 36 (3): 264–271.
12. Wolff, D, Stieler, F, Welzel, G et al. Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) vs. serial tomotherapy, step-and-shoot IMRT and 3D-conformal RT for treatment of prostate cancer. Radiother Oncol 2009; 93 (2): 226–233.
13. Leibel, S A, Fuks, Z, Zelefsky, M J et al. Technological advances in external-beam radiation therapy for the treatment of localized prostate cancer. Semin Oncol 2003; 30 (5): 596–615.
14. de Crevoisier, R, Tucker, S L, Dong, L et al. Increased risk of biochemical and local failure in patients with distended rectum on the planning CT for prostate cancer radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2005; 62 (4): 965–973.
15. Zietman, A L, DeSilvio, M L, Slater, J D et al. Comparison of conventional-dose vs high-dose conformal radiation therapy in clinically localized adenocarcinoma of the prostate: a randomized controlled trial. J Am Med Assoc 2005; 294 (10): 1233–1239.
16. Guckenberger, M, Richter, A, Krieger, T, Wilbert, J, Baier, K, Flentje, M. Is a single arc sufficient in volumetric-modulated arc therapy (VMAT) for complex-shaped target volumes? Radiother Oncol 2009; 93 (2): 259–265.
17. Kopp, R W, Duff, M, Catalfamo, F, Shah, D, Rajecki, M, Ahmad, K. VMAT vs. 7-field-IMRT: assessing the dosimetric parameters of prostate cancer treatment with a 292-patient sample. Med Dosim 2011; 36 (4): 365–372.
18. Dearnaley, D, Sydes, M, Graham, J et al. On behalf of the RT01 collaborators Escalated-dose versus standard-dose conformal radiotherapy in prostate cancer: first results from the MRC RT01 randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol 2007; 8 (6): 475–487.
19. Yoo, S, Wu, Q J, Lee, W R, Yin, F F. Radiotherapy treatment plans with RapidArc for prostate cancer involving seminal vesicles and lymph nodes. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010; 76 (3): 935–942.
20. Shaw, E, Kline, R, Gillin, M et al. Radiation Therapy Oncology Group: radiosurgery quality assurance guidelines. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1993; 27 (5): 1231–1239.
21. Knoos, T, Kristensen, I, Nilsson, P. Volumetric and dosimetric evaluation of radiation treatment plans: radiation conformity index. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1998; 42 (5): 1169–1176.
22. Khan, M I, Jiang, R, Kiciak, A, Ur Rehman, J, Afzal, M, Chow, J C. Dosimetric and radiobiological characterizations of prostate intensity-modulated radiotherapy and volumetric-modulated arc therapy: a single-institution review of ninety cases. J Med Phys 2016; 41 (3): 162–168.
23. Michalski, J M, Gay, H, Jackson, A, Tucker, S L, Deasy, J O. Radiation dose-volume effects in radiation-induced rectal injury. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010; 76 (3 Suppl): S123–9.