1. Wolff, D, Stieler, F, Welzel, G et al. Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) vs. serial tomotherapy, step-and-shoot IMRT and 3D-conformal RT for treatment of prostate cancer. Radiother Oncol 2009; 93: 226–233.
2. Tsutsumi, S, Hosono, M. N, Tatsumi, D et al. Delivery parameter variations and early clinical outcomes of volumetric modulated arc therapy for 31 prostate cancer patients: an intercomparison of three treatment planning systems. Scient World J 2013; Article ID 289809, 7. DOI: 10.1155/2013/289809.10.1155/2013/289809
3. Tambas, M, Agaoglu, F, Iribas, A et al. Conventionally fractionationed volumetric arc therapy versus hypofractionated stereotactic body radiotherapy: quality of life, side effects, and prostate-specific antigen kinetics in localized prostate cancer. 3. Value Health Reg Issues 2016; 10: 91–99 DOI: 10.1016/j.vhri.2016.08.001. Epub 2016 Oct 6.
4. Palma, D, Vollans, E, James, K et al. Volumetric modulated arc therapy for delivery of prostate radiotherapy: comparison with intensity-modulated radiotherapy and three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008; 72: 996–1001 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2008.02.047. Epub 2008 May.10.1016/j.ijrobp.2008.02.047
5. Takemoto, S, Shibamoto, Y, Ayakawa, S et al. Treatment and prognosis of patients with late rectal bleeding after intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer. Radiat Oncol 2012; 7: 87.10.1186/1748-717X-7-87
6. Budaus, L, Bolla, M, Bossi, A et al. Functional outcomes and complications following radiation therapy for prostate cancer: a critical analysis of the literature. Eur
. Urol 2012; 61: 112–127.
8. Stokkevåg, C. H, Engeseth, G. M, Hysing, L. B, Ytre-Hauge, K. S, Ekanger, C, Muren, L. P. Risk of radiation-induced secondary rectal and bladder cancer following radiotherapy of prostate cancer. Acta Oncol 2015; 54: 1317–1325 DOI: 10.3109/0284186X.2015.1061691.
9. Zelefsky, M. J, Fuks, Z, Hunt, M et al. High-dose intensity modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer: early toxicity and biochemical outcome in 772 patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2002; 53: 1111–1116.
10. Vora, S. A, Wong, W. W, Schild, S. E, Ezzell, G. A, Halyard, M. Y. Analysis of biochemical control and prognostic factors in patients treated with either low-dose three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy or high-dose intensity-modulated radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2007; 68: 1053–1058 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2007.01.043.
11. Zapatero, A, Guerrero, A, Maldonado, X et al. High-dose radiotherapy with short-term or long-term androgen deprivation in localised prostate cancer (DART01/05 GICOR): a randomised, controlled. Lancet Oncol 2015; 16: 320–327.10.1016/S1470-2045(15)70045-8
12. Wortel, R. C, Incrocci, L, Pos, F. J et al. Late side effects after image guided intensity modulated radiation therapy compared to 3D-conformal radiation therapy for prostate cancer: results from 2 prospective cohorts. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2016; 95: 681–689.
13. Okonogi, N, Katoh, H, Kawamura, H et al. Clinical outcomes of helical tomotherapy for super-elderly patients with localized and locally advanced prostate cancer: comparison with patients under 80 years of age. J Radiat Res 2015; 15: 889–896 doi: DOI: 10.1093/jrr/rrv040.
14. Mizowaki, T, Norihisa, Y, Takayama, K et al. Long-term outcomes of intensity-modulated radiation therapy combined with neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy under an early salvage policy for patients with T3-T4N0M0 prostate cancer. Int J Clin Oncol 2016; 28: 148–155 DOI: 10.1007/s10147-015-0867-7.10.1007/s10147-015-0867-7
15. Dearnaley, D, Syndikus, I, Mossop, H et al. Conventional versus hypofractionated high-dose intensity-modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancer: 5-year outcomes of the randomised, non-inferiority, phase 3 CHHiP trial. Lancet Oncol 2016; 17: 1047–1060 DOI: 10.1016/S1470-2045(16)30102-4.
16. Katahira-Suzuki, R, Omura, M, Takano, S et al. Clinical and dosimetric predictors of late rectal bleeding of prostate cancer after TomoTherapy intensity modulated radiation therapy. J Med Radiat Sci 2017; 64: 172–179.
17. Someya, M, Hori, M, Tateoka, K et al. Results and DVH analysis of late rectal bleeding in patients treated with 3D-CRT or IMRT for localized prostate cancer. J Radiat Res 2015; 56: 122–127.
18. Wolff, D, Stieler, F, Welzel, G et al. Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) vs. serial tomotherapy, step-and-shoot IMRT and 3D-conformal RT for treatment of prostate cancer. Radiother Oncol 2009; 93: 226–233 DOI: 10.1016/j.radonc.2009.08.011.
19. Inokuchi, H, Mizowaki, T, Norihisa, Y et al. Clinical effect of multileaf collimator width on the incidence of late rectal bleeding after high‑dose intensity‑modulated radiotherapy for localized prostate carcinoma. Int J Clin Oncol 2016; 21: 156–161 DOI: 10.1007/s10147-015-0873-9.
20. Groh, B. A, Siewerdsen, J. H, Drake, D. G, Wong, J. W, Jaffray, D. A. A performance comparison of flat-panel imager-based MV and kV cone-beam. CT Med Phys 2002; 29: 967–975.
21. Elith, C, Dempsey, S. E, Findlay, N, Warren-Forward, H. M. An introduction to the intensity-modulated radiation therapy(IMRT) techniques, tomotherapy, and VMAT. J Med Imag Radiat Sci 2011; 42: 37–43 DOI: 10.1016/j.jmir.2010.11.005.
22. Rao, M, Yang, W, Chen, F et al. Comparison of Elekta VMAT with helical tomotherapy and fixed field IMRT: plan quality, delivery efficiency and accuracy. Med Phys 2010; 37: 1350–1359.
23. Tanaka, H, Yamaguchi, T, Hachiya, K et al. Treatment outcomes and late toxicities of intensity-modulated radiation therapy for 1091 Japanese patients with localized prostate cancer. Rep Pract Oncol Radiother 2018; 23: 28–33 DOI: 10.1016/j.rpor.2017.11.002.10.1016/j.rpor.2017.11.002
24. Zelefsky, M. J, Kollmeier, M, Cox, B et al. Improved clinical outcomes with high-dose image guided radiotherapy compared with non-IGRT for the treatment of clinically localized prostate cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2012; 84: 125–129 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2011.11.047.10.1016/j.ijrobp.2011.11.047