1. Iqbal, K, Gillin, M, Summers, P A, Dhanesar, S, Gifford, K A, Buzdar, S A. Quality assurance evaluation of spot scanning beam proton therapy with an anthropomorphic prostate phantom. Br J Radiol 2013; 86: 20130390.
3. Paganetti, H, Jiang, H, Adams, J A, Cheng, G T, Rietzel, E. Accurate Monte Carlo for nozzle design, commissioning and quality assurance in proton therapy. Med Phys 2004; 31: 2107–2118.
4. Grusell, E, Montelius, A, Brahme, A, Rickner, G, Russell, K. A general solution to charged particle beam flattening using an optimized dual scattering foil technique, with application to proton therapy beams. Phys Med Biol 1994 (39): 2201–2216.
5. Smith, A, Gillin, M, Bues, M et al. The M. D. Anderson proton therapy system. Med Phys 2009; 36 (9): 4068–4083.
6. Gillin, M, Zhu, X R, Sahoo, N. Considerations for an effective quality assurance program for proton therapy. Ion Beam Ther 2001: 471–485.
7. Arjomandy, B, Sahoo, N, Zhu, X R et al. An overview of the comprehensive proton therapy machine quality assurance procedures implemented at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center Proton Therapy Center–Houston. Med Phy 2009; 36 (6): 2269–2282.
8. Actis, O, Meer, D, König, S, Weber, D C, Mayor, A. A comprehensive and efficient daily quality assurance for PBS proton therapy. Phys Med Biol 2017; 62 (5): 1661–1675.
9. Gillin, M T, Sahoo, N, Martin, B et al. Commissioning of the discrete spot scanning proton beam delivery system at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Proton Therapy Center, Houston. Med Phys 2010; 37 (1): 154.
10. Coutrakon, G, Slater, J M, Ghebremedhin, A. Design considerations for medical proton accelerators. Proceedings of the 1999 Particle Accelerator Conference. New York, 1999; pp. 11–15.
11. Mock, U, Bogner, J, Georg, D, Auberger, T. Comparative treatment planning on localized prostate carcinoma conformal photonversus proton-based radiotherapy. Strahlenther Onkol 2005; 181: 448–455 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00066-005-1317-7.
12. Goitein, M. Compensation for inhomogeneities in charge particle radiotherapy using computed tomography. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1978; 4: 499–508.
13. Urie, M, Goitein, M, Wagner, M. Compensating for heterogeneities in proton radiation therapy. Phys Med Biol 1984; 29: 553–566.
14. Schaffner, B, Pedroni, E. The precision of proton range calculations in proton radiotherapy treatment planning: experimental verification of the relation between CTHU and proton stopping power. Phys Med Biol 1998; 43: 1579–1592.
15. Newhauser, W. Proton and charged particle radiotherapy. Med Phys. 2008; 35 (5): 320.
16. International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements Report 78, J ICRU 2007; 7 (2), Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2007.
17. Nichiporov, D, Hsi, W C, Farr, J B. Beam characteristics in two different proton uniform scanning systems: A side-by-side comparison. Med Phys 2012; 39 (5): 2559–2568.
18. Newhauser, W D, Zhang, R. The physics of proton therapy. Phys Med Biol 2015; 60 (8): R155–R209.
19. IAEA TRS-398. Absorbed Dose Determination in External Beam Radiotherapy: An International Code of Practice for Dosimetry based on Standards of Absorbed Dose to Water. Vienna, Austria, , Volume 12.
20. Shamsi, Q, Atiq, M, Atiq, A, Buzdar, S A, Iqbal, K, Iqbal, M M. Dosimetric comparison of photon beam profile characteristics for different treatment parameters. J Radiother in Pract 2017; 16 (4): 444–450.
21. Hossain, M, Rhoades, J. On beam quality and flatness of radiotherapy megavoltage photon beams. Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 2016; 39 (1): 135–145.
22. Pathak, P, Mishra, P K, Singh, M, Mishra, P K. Analytical Study of Flatness and Symmetry of Electron Beam with 2D Array Detectors. J Cancer Sci Ther 2015; 7: 294–301 https://doi.org/10.4172/1948-5956.1000366
23. Henry, T, Robertson, D, Therriault-Proulx, F, Beddar, S. Determination of the Range and Spread-Out Bragg Peak Width of Proton Beams Using a Large-Volume Liquid Scintillator. Int J Particle Ther 2017; 4 (1): 1–6.
24. Zhao, T, Sun, B, Grantham, K et al. Commissioning and initial experience with the first clinical gantry-mounted proton therapy system. J Appl Clin Med Phys 2016; 17: 24–40 https://doi.org/10.1120/jacmp.v17i2.5868
25. Nath, R, Biggs, P J, Bova, F J et al. AAPM code of practice for radiotherapy accelerators: report of AAPM Radiation Therapy Task Group No. 45. Med Phys 1994; 21: 1093–1121.
26. Shende, R, Gupta, G, Patel, G, Kumar, S. Commissioning of TrueBeamTM Medical Linear Accelerator: quantitative and qualitative dosimetric analysis and comparison of flattening filter (FF) and flattening filter free (FFF) beam. Int. J Med Phys Clin Eng Radiat Oncol 2016; 5: 51–69.
27. Kutcher, G J, Coia, L, Gillin, M et al. Comprehensive QA for radiation oncology: report of AAPM Radiation Therapy Committee Task Group 40. Med Phys 1994; 21 (4): 581–618.
28. Klein, E E, Hanley, J, Bayouth, J et al. Task Group 142 report: quality assurance of medical accelerators. American Association of Physicists in Medicine. Med Phys 2009; 36 (9): 4197–4212.