Wuchty, S, Jones, BF, Uzzi, B. The increasing dominance of teams in production of knowledge. Science 2007; 316: 1036–1039.
Fiore, SM. Interdisciplinarity as teamwork: how the science of teams can inform team science. Small Group Research 2008; 39: 251–277.
Stokols, D, Hall, KL, Taylor, BK, Moser, RP. The science of team science: overview of the field and introduction to the supplement. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2008; 35: S77–S89.
Begg, MD, et al. Approaches to preparing young scholars for careers in interdisciplinary team science. Journal of Investigative Medicine 2014; 62: 14–25.
Jackson, RD, et al. Training the translational scientist. Science Translational Medicine 2010; 2: 63mr2.
Wildman, JL, Bedwell, WL. Practicing what we preach: teaching teams using validated team science. Small Group Research 2013; 44: 381–394.
Hughes, AM, et al. Saving lives: a meta-analysis of team training in healthcare. Journal of Applied Psychology 2016; 101: 1266–1304.
8. Myers, IB, Myers, PB. Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type. Mountain View, CA: Davies-Black Publishing, 1995.
9. Blake, R, Mouton, J. The Managerial Grid III: The Key to Leadership Excellence. Houston, TX: Gulf Publishing Co, 1985.
Kilmann, RH, Thomas, KW. Developing a forced-choice measure of conflict-handling behavior: the “MODE” instrument. Educational and Psychological Measurement 1977; 37: 309–325.
11. Bandura, A. Self Efficacy: The Exercise of Control. New York: Macmillan, 1997.
Anderson, DW, et al. A leadership self-efficacy taxonomy and its relation to effective leadership. The Leadership Quarterly 2008; 19: 595–608.
van Knippenberg, D, et al. Leadership, self, and identity: a review and research agenda. The Leadership Quarterly 2004; 15: 825–856.
Pillai, R, Williams, EA. Transformational leadership, self-efficacy, group cohesiveness, commitment, and performance. Journal of Organzational Change Management 2004; 17: 144–159.
15. Kane, TD, Baltes, TR. Efficacy assessment in complex social domains: leadership efficacy in small task groups. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Dallas, TX, 1998.
16. Kane, TD, et al. An examination of the leader’s regulation of groups. Small Group Research 2002; 33: 65–120.
McCormick, MJ, Tanguma, J, Lopez-Forment, A. Extending self-efficacy theory to leadership: a review and empirical test. Journal of Leadership Education 2002; 1: 34–49.
18. Revelle, W. Psych: procedures for personality and psychological research, version 1.7.8 [Internet]. Illinois: Northwestern University, 2017 [cited Feb 9, 2018]. (https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=psych).
19. Davidson, PL, et al. Identifying and developing leadership competencies in health research organizations: a pilot study. Journal of Mental Health Administration Education 2012; 29: 135–154.
Gist, ME, Stevens, CK, Bavetta, AG. Effects of self‐efficacy and post‐training intervention on the acquisition and maintenance of complex interpersonal skills. Personnel Psychology 1991; 44: 837–861.
21. National Research Council. Enhancing the Effectiveness of Team Science. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2015.