1. Askling, J. Risk for tuberculosis following treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with anti-TNF therapy—the Swedish experience 1998–2008. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68 (Suppl 3):422.
2. Askling, J, Fored, CM, Brandt, L, et al. Risk and case characteristics of tuberculosis in rheumatoid arthritis associated with tumor necrosis factor antagonists in Sweden. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;52:1986–1992.
3. Askling, J, Fored, CM, Brandt, L, et al. Time-dependent increase in risk of hospitalisation with infection among Swedish RA patients treated with TNF antagonists. Ann Rheum Dis. 2007;66:1339–1344.
4. Brennan, A, Bansback, N, Nixon, R, et al. Modelling the cost effectiveness of TNF-alpha antagonists in the management of rheumatoid arthritis: Results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Registry. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2007;46:1345–1354.
5. Brennan, A, Bansback, N, Reynolds, A, Conway, P. Modelling the cost-effectiveness of etanercept in adults with rheumatoid arthritis in the UK. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2004;43:62–72.
6. Chehata, JC, Hassell, AB, Clarke, SA, et al. Mortality in rheumatoid arthritis: Relationship to single and composite measures of disease activity. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2001;40:447–452.
7. Chen, YF, Jobanputra, P, Barton, P, et al. A systematic review of the effectiveness of adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in adults and an economic evaluation of their cost-effectiveness. Health Technol Assess. 2006;10:1–248.
8. Doan, QV, Chiou, CF, Dubois, RW. Review of eight pharmacoeconomic studies of the value of biologic DMARDs (adalimumab, etanercept, and infliximab) in the management of rheumatoid arthritis. J Manag Care Pharm. 2006;12:555–569.
9. Ekman, M, Zethraeus, N, Dahlstrom, U, Hoglund, C. [Cost-effectiveness of bisoprolol in chronic heart failure]. Lakartidningen. 2002;99:646–650.
10. Geborek, P, Crnkic, M, Petersson, IF, Saxne, T. Etanercept, infliximab, and leflunomide in established rheumatoid arthritis: Clinical experience using a structured follow up programme in southern Sweden. Ann Rheum Dis. 2002;61:793–798.
11. Jacobsson, LTH, Lindroth, Y, Marsal, L, Bergström, U, Kobelt, G. Rheumatoid arthritis: What does it cost and what factors are driving those costs? Results of a survey in a community-derived population in Malmö, Sweden. Scand J Rheumatol. 2007;36:179–183.
12. Katz, PP. The impact of rheumatoid arthritis on life activities. Arthritis Care Res. 1995;8:272–278.
13. Kobelt, G, Jonsson, L, Young, A, Eberhardt, K. The cost-effectiveness of infliximab (Remicade) in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in Sweden and the United Kingdom based on the ATTRACT study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2003;42:326–335.
14. Kobelt, G, Lindgren, P, Lindroth, Y, Jacobson, L, Eberhardt, K. Modelling the effect of function and disease activity on costs and quality of life in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2005;44:1169–1175.
15. Kobelt, G, Lindgren, P, Singh, A, Klareskog, L. Cost effectiveness of etanercept (Enbrel) in combination with methotrexate in the treatment of active rheumatoid arthritis based on the TEMPO trial. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005;64:1174–1179.
16. Kroot, EJ, van Leeuwen, MA, van Rijswijk, MH, et al. No increased mortality in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: Up to 10 years of follow up from disease onset. Ann Rheum Dis. 2000;59:954–958.
17. Leden, IRS. Rapport från vårdprocess: Reumatologi dyr läkemedelsbehandling. 2003.
19. Lindqvist, E, Eberhardt, K. Mortality in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease onset in the 1980s. Ann Rheum Dis. 1999;58:11–14.
20. Meltzer, D. Accounting for future costs in medical cost-effectiveness analysis. J Health Econ. 1997;16:33–64.
21. Pincus, T, Callahan, LF, Sale, WG, et al. Severe functional declines, work disability, and increased mortality in seventy-five rheumatoid arthritis patients studied over nine years. Arthritis Rheum. 1984;27:864–872.
22. Riise, T, Jacobsen, BK, Gran, JT, Haga, HJ, Arnesen, E. Total mortality is increased in rheumatoid arthritis. A 17-year prospective study. Clin Rheumatol. 2001;20:123–127.
23. Scott, DL, Pugner, K, Kaarela, K, et al. The links between joint damage and disability in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2000;39:122–132.
24. Silman, A, Hochberg, M. Epidemiology of rheumatic diseases. 1993. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
25. Symmons, DP, Jones, MA, Scott, DL, Prior, P. Longterm mortality outcome in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: Early presenters continue to do well. J Rheumatol. 1998;25:1072–1077.
26. Yelin, E, Trupin, L, Wong, B, Rush, S. The impact of functional status and change in functional status on mortality over 18 years among persons with rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:1851–1857.
27. Young, A, Dixey, J, Kulinskaya, E, et al. Which patients stop working because of rheumatoid arthritis? Results of five years’ follow up in 732 patients from the Early RA Study (ERAS). Ann Rheum Dis. 2002;61:335–340.