1. Pharmaceutical compounding—sterile preparations. In: US Pharmacopeia, chapter 797. Rockville, MD: The United States Pharmacopeia Convention; 2011.
2. Dolan, SA, Felizerda, G, Barnes, S, et al. APIC position paper: safe injection, infusion, and medication vital practices in health care. Am J Infect Control 2010;38:167–172.
3. Stedman, JL, Yarmush, JM, Joshi, MC, Kamath, S, Schianodicola, J. How long is too long? The prespiked intravenous debate. Anesth Analg 2017;124:1564–1568.
4. Haas, R, Beitz, E, Reed, A, et al. No bacterial growth found in spiked intravenous fluids over an 8-hour period. Am J Infect Control 2017;45:448–450.
5. Guynn, JB, Poretz, DM, Duma, RJ. Growth of various bacteria in a variety of intravenous fluids. Amer J Hosp Pharm 1973;30:321–325.