Falkinham, JO, Hilborn, ED, Arduino, MJ, Pruden, A, Edwards, MA. Epidemiology and ecology of opportunistic premise plumbing pathogens: Legionella pneumophila, Mycobacterium avium, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Envir
Health Perspect 2015;123:749–758.
2. Soda, EA, Barskey, AE, Shah, PP, et al. Vital signs: healthcare-associated Legionnaires’ disease surveillance data from 20 states and a large metropolitan area—United States, 2015. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2017;66:584–589.
3. American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers. Standard 188-2015. Legionellosis: risk management for building water systems. Atlanta: ASHRAE; 2015, p. 8.
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Developing a water management plan to reduce Legionella growth and spread in buildings: a practical guide to implementing industry standards. Atlanta: CDC; 2016.
5. Center for Clinical Standards and Quality/Survey and Certification Group. Requirement to reduce Legionella risk in healthcare facility water systems to prevent cases and outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease. Baltimore, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2017.
6. Danila, RN, Koranteng, N, Como-Sabetti, KJ, Robinson, TJ, Laine, ES. Hospital water management programs for Legionella prevention, Minnesota, 2017. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2018;39:336–338.
7. Garrison, LE, Shaw, KMS, McCollum, JT, et al. On-site availability of Legionella testing in acute care hospitals, United States. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2016;35:898–900.
Formica, N,Yates, M, Beers, M, et al. The impact of diagnosis by legionella urinary antigen test on the epidemiology and outcomes of Legionnaires’ disease. Epidemiol Infect 2001;127:275–280.
Yu, VL, Plouffe, JF, Pastoris, MC, et al. Distribution of Legionella species and serogroups isolated by culture in patients with sporadic community-acquired legionellosis: an international collaborative survey. J Infect Dis 2002;186:127–128.
10. Kazandjian, D, Chiew, R, Gilbert, GL. Rapid diagnosis of Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 infection with the Binax enzyme immunoassay urinary antigen test. J Clin Microbiol 1997;35:954–956.