1. Cox, GJ, Matsui, SM, Lo, RS, et al. Etiology and outcome of diarrhea after marrow transplantation: a prospective study. Gastroenterology 1994;107:1398–1407.
2. Halligan, E, Edgeworth, J, Bisnauthsing, K, et al. Multiplex molecular testing for management of infectious gastroenteritis in a hospital setting: a comparative diagnostic and clinical utility study. Clin Microbiol Infect 2014;20:O460–O467.
3. Khare, R, Espy, MJ, Cebelinski, E, et al. Comparative evaluation of two commercial multiplex panels for detection of gastrointestinal pathogens by use of clinical stool specimens. J Clin Microbiol 2014;52:3667–3673.
4. Laude, A, Valot, S, Desoubeaux, G, et al. Is real-time PCR-based diagnosis similar in performance to routine parasitological examination for the identification of Giardia intestinalis, Cryptosporidium parvum/Cryptosporidium hominis and Entamoeba histolytica from stool samples? Evaluation of a new commercial multiplex PCR assay and literature review. Clin Microbiol Infect 2016;22:e191–e198.
5. Navidad, JF, Griswold, DJ, Gradus, MS, Bhattacharyya, S. Evaluation of Luminex xTAG gastrointestinal pathogen analyte-specific reagents for high-throughput, simultaneous detection of bacteria, viruses, and parasites of clinical and public health importance. J Clin Microbiol 2013;51:3018–3024.
6. Smith, AM, Mthanti, MA, Haumann, C, et al. Nosocomial outbreak of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium primarily affecting a pediatric ward in South Africa in 2012. J Clin Microbiol 2014;52:627–631.
7. Tan, SH, Lawler, J, Foster, K, et al. Nosocomial transmission of Salmonella typhimurium in renal transplant recipients. J Hosp Infect 2010;75:241–242.
8. Wessels, E, Rusman, LG, van Bussel, MJ, Claas, EC. Added value of multiplex Luminex Gastrointestinal Pathogen Panel (xTAG(R) GPP) testing in the diagnosis of infectious gastroenteritis. Clin Microbiol Infect 2014;20:O182–O187.
9. Freeman, K, Mistry, H, Tsertsvadze, A, et al. Multiplex tests to identify gastrointestinal bacteria, viruses and parasites in people with suspected infectious gastroenteritis: a systematic review and economic analysis. Health Technol Assess 2017;21:1–188.
10. Hitchcock, MM, Gomez, CA, Banaei, N. Low yield of FilmArray GI panel in hospitalized patients with diarrhea: an opportunity for diagnostic stewardship intervention. J Clin Microbiol 2018;56 pii e01558–17; doi: 10.1128/JCM.01558-17.